Eiffel and other paradigms ( was re: who is using eiffel )
Author Message
 Eiffel and other paradigms ( was re: who is using eiffel )

On 05 Dec 2001 15:50:07 +0100, Friedrich Dominicus

Quote:

>Well it very depends on what you understand under hackers. Bertrand
>has a one view on how Programming should be done you can see it in the
>language Eiffel. But it's neither the only one nor the best one.

Yes, Bertrand is just one computer scientist.
There are many other views on how languages should be designed.

For some other views, look at Mercury ( a constraint logic programming
language ) or SML ( a lazy functional language ) or Ocaml ( lazy
functional with objects ) or Mozart / Oz ( a multi paradigm language )
or Haskell ( a pure functional language )

Mon, 24 May 2004 17:01:01 GMT
 Eiffel and other paradigms ( was re: who is using eiffel )

Quote:
> For some other views, look at Mercury ( a constraint logic programming
> language )

Mercury is not designed to be a _constraint_ logic programming language.
It's "only" a logic programming language, though it has many interesting
features you won't find in others (which also let you write convenient
programs in functional style).

But there is a constraint logic language (HAL) that builds on Mercury:

  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~mbanda/hal

Quote:
> or SML ( a lazy functional language ) or Ocaml ( lazy functional with
> objects )

Both SML and OCaml are _strict_ functional languages.

Regards,
Markus Mottl

--

Austrian Research Institute
for Artificial Intelligence                  http://www.oefai.at/~markus

Mon, 24 May 2004 17:30:51 GMT

1. Eiffel and other paradigms ( was re: who is using eiffel )

2. Java and Eiffel - Further comments: I am depressed.

3. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

4. Urgent!!Oracle9i:using ODBC, I am noy able to link to my database tables using Access

5. Examples and C ase Studies for Eiffel Paradigms

6. What makes Eiffel better than others?

7. What makes Eiffel better than others?

8. History of Eiffel and Others

9. Help with a view PLEASE I am using CW2003 and compiling in 32bit

10. I am considering using Clarion

11. Am I using this service correctly?

12. I am having trouble reading a time stamp on a video using OCR