Looking for Public Domain Prolog Interpreter
Author Message
 Looking for Public Domain Prolog Interpreter

Hello.  I am currently working on a project involving graphically
displaying the execution of prolog programs.  My plan is to interface
an existing prolog interpreter to a graphics kernal which I am going
to build.  The easiest way of doing so is to insert interface routines
at source level to a prolog interpreter.  Therefore I am looking for
a public domain prolog interpreter that I can play with.  The interpreter
does not have to support any fancy features other than basic
unification and back tracking.

Any information is appreciated.  Thanks.

--
__________________________________________________________     __       __
| Louis Hiu Chuen Lin       |                            |    / /      / /

Mon, 02 May 1994 06:44:23 GMT
 Looking for Public Domain Prolog Interpreter

 |Hello.  I am currently working on a project involving graphically
 |displaying the execution of prolog programs.  My plan is to interface
 |an existing prolog interpreter to a graphics kernal which I am going
 |to build.  The easiest way of doing so is to insert interface routines
 |at source level to a prolog interpreter.

In many Prolog systems, interpreters are written in Prolog itself and
running compiled.  Writing an interpreter in Prolog is easy if you are
not too much concerned with efficiency and/or bells and whistles.

I'd recommend writing yours on some Prolog system with interface to
graphics, such as Quintus or SICStus 2.1.  They are not in public
domain, but when all you have to do is writing an interpreter on them
rather than modifying them, that doesn't matter.  Using the foreign
language interface of such systems might be better, if you are not
satisfied with the already existing graphics packages.

Takashi Chikayama
ICOT

Tue, 03 May 1994 15:50:33 GMT
 Looking for Public Domain Prolog Interpreter
I recently obtained (via anonymous ftp) a very cool Demo MacProlog
compiler/environment etc.  I like it a lot, it has some reference
files that list all the supported commands, but *nothing* about how
to use all those predicates.  Can anyone point me to a (preferably
inexpensive) source for a more complete reference?

thanks,
Steve Portigal

Wed, 04 May 1994 04:41:52 GMT

1. Looking for public-domain Prolog interpreters

2. Public domain Prolog interpreter/compiler ...

3. Prolog interpreter in public domain ?

4. Public Domain Prolog Interpreters

5. public domain prolog interpreter

6. Public domain (or inexpensive) PROLOG interpreter??

7. looking for public domain prolog code archives, data

8. Looking for public domain sources of prolog for unix

9. public domain prolog for apollo domain

10. Public Domain Unix APL Interpreter

11. Public Domain FORTH Interpreter/Compiler for BSD/VMS

12. Summary: Public-domain Ada interpreters