PDC-Prolog: Bytethief
Author Message
 PDC-Prolog: Bytethief

I programmed the game abalone with PDC-Prolog 3.21. Everytime I add a new
fact or pass a huge parameter list, Prolog 'steals' 20 bytes of memory and
refuses to give 'em back, even if there is no path for backtracking (cut).
Who knows how to solve this problem or has a garbage collector for PDC
3.21?

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PDC-Prolog: Bytethief

Visual Prolog Technical Support
Service Request Number: 13086

Quote:

> I programmed the game abalone with PDC-Prolog 3.21. Everytime I add a new
> fact or pass a huge parameter list, Prolog 'steals' 20 bytes of memory and
> refuses to give 'em back, even if there is no path for backtracking (cut).
> Who knows how to solve this problem or has a garbage collector for PDC
> 3.21?

PDC Prolog does not have a garbage collecter. Memory is freed when a
fail is executed.
 It is often possible to replace recuresion with a repeat - fail
structure. Thus when predicate
being called finally fails its memory is released.

Regards

Jonathan Lerwill

http://www.pdc.dk

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. PDC WWW URL: http://www.pdc.dk/pdc/html/pdc_info.htm

2. PDC prolog and prolog++ (object-prolog)

3. Benchmarking of Trinc-Prolog, SWI-Prolog and VisualProlog(PDC)

4. PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points

5. PDC Prolog/Visual Prolog and ISO Standards

6. ANNOUNCE: Parsing XML with PDC Prolog

7. PDC Prolog

8. Calling PDC-PROLOG DLL from C

9. Connecting PDC PROLOG as DLL with Win95 C program

10. PDC prolog and CGI ???

11. PDC Visual Prolog & Logtalk

12. PDC visual prolog any good ?