YACC-style LR parser generator in PROLOG?
Author Message
 YACC-style LR parser generator in PROLOG?

Hello,

I'm looking for a parser generator a la YACC implemented in PROLOG or
a similar language.  (It doesn't matter, whether it handles SLR, LALR
or LR1 grammars, nor is it necessary that precedence information is
taken into account.) Is PROLOG considered to be appropriate for such a
task?

I want to compare the parser generator with one implemented in a logic
programming system with bottom-up evaluation.

Thanks,

Heribert Schuetz.

Tue, 30 Jan 1996 22:59:30 GMT
 YACC-style LR parser generator in PROLOG?

Quote:
>I'm looking for a parser generator a la YACC implemented in PROLOG or
>a similar language.  (It doesn't matter, whether it handles SLR, LALR
>or LR1 grammars, nor is it necessary that precedence information is
>taken into account.) Is PROLOG considered to be appropriate for such a
>task?

Perhaps you may find useful the following papers describing deterministic and
nondeterministic LR parsing in Prolog:

   author = "U. Nilsson",
   title = "{AID}: An Alternative Implementation of {DCG}s",
   journal = "New generation computing",
   volume = 4,
   pages = {383--399},
   year = 1986}

and

   author = "Rangel Henriques, P.",
   title = "A Semantic Evaluator Generating System in {P}rolog",
   booktitle = "PLILP '88",
   address = "Orl{\'e}ans, France",
   series = LNCS,
   volume = 348,
   month = may,
   year = 1988,
   pages = {201--218}}

Regards, Mark-Jan Nederhof

Sat, 03 Feb 1996 22:43:34 GMT

1. References on LR parsing in prolog, prolog parser generators

2. LR (1) Parser/Generator

3. Essence - An SLR and LR parser generator for Scheme

4. ANNOUNCE: PyBison -- a Python-based parser generator (similar to bison and yacc)

5. Which Prolog for writing Parsers/Generators?

6. Tools for LR parsers

7. LR(k) parser; LISP

8. Parser Generator/Scanner Generator for Scheme?

9. Wanted: parser-generator/lexical-analyser-generator outputting Scheme

10. Clipper lex & yacc and parser, build 8

11. lex/yacc parsers for SMTP/MIME?

12. Repository for lex/yacc analyzers/parsers?