Prolog/Lisp vs other languages (was Simple Prolog Question)
Author Message
 Prolog/Lisp vs other languages (was Simple Prolog Question)

The comparison of students having used LISP/Prolog vs. students
experienced in C/... has, I think, to do with the programming
environment rather than with the language itself. The way I structure
Prolog program, is that I write a predicate returning a value and
then an interface predicate calling that predicate and displaying
the result. Getting all answers would also be handled by this
I/O predicate. You can only get to the returned value (in Prolog, lisp
and Smalltalk) because of the programming environment (and not because
of the language as such. Try inspecting the displayed string
when showing the value (with "Print It") returned by an operation
returning an instance. It will only work if you ask the system to
directly inspect the returned value, in the other case, you will be
inspecting the string itself (e.g. anInteger) rather than the  returned
instance).

Rene Bach
Ingenieurschule Bern (ISBE/INTEC)               Phone: 41 31 998 41 81
Morgenstr. 129 (Technopark)                     Fax:   41 31 999 46 18

I only bite bytes.

"Do not take life so seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"

--

Rene Bach
Ingenieurschule Bern (ISBE/INTEC)       Phone: 41 31 998 41 81
Morgenstr. 129 (Technopark)             Fax:   41 31 999 46 18

Mon, 10 Jun 1996 16:54:23 GMT

1. SWI Prolog Vs GNU Prolog

2. Simple prolog implementation in COmmon Lisp

3. Amzi-Prolog vs. Visual Prolog

4. AI: Prolog vs Lisp

5. speed of prolog vs lisp and c?

6. Prolog Vs. Other Languages

7. prolog vs lisp

8. Prolog vs. Lisp

9. Lisp LIST vs. Prolog LIST

10. AI: Prolog vs Lisp

11. Prolog vs. Lisp

12. PDC prolog and prolog++ (object-prolog)