A.I. Question in PL
Author Message
 A.I. Question in PL

This is for someone who is rather advanced in their programming careers.
I am attempting to use an AI algorithm of Resolution and convergence of a
statement from Predicate Calculas into its clausal form,

   I have worked on this for a bout 4 or 5 days now and I am STUMPED!
I can resolve predicates no problems, EXCEPt that I am having problems
with the unification part.

  ie. I take in two predicates, P(X,Y) and P(f(x),Apples)

This needs to unify... Make Y=Apples and X needs to become f(x).

 For those of you who know AI, you know what I am talknig about.

  that is the only thing I am having problems with.  I saw a sample code of it
in LISP, but I know nada about LISP, so it did me no good.

  If anyone out there has ANY SUGGESTIONS, not even code is needed(although it
would help) on how to accomplish my task of unification.

   It is basically step three in the Steps to translate a sentence into normal
form...  Standardizing the variables apart. Right before Skolemization.

  antoher term that is used is Most General Unifier(MGU).

PLEASE, if anyone out there can help, Email with whatever suggestions and help
you can.  Ive been racking my brains for days on this...

Thanks A LOT
Jeff

Tue, 28 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. PL/I FAQ -- Frequently asked questions about PL/I (minor update)

2. A.I.

3. 2nd Conf. on Software Engineering and A.I.

4. Forth and A.I.

5. Mind.Forth robot AI is now similar to JavaScript AI

6. AI Sample Channel VS AI Sample Channels??

7. 2nd Conf. on Software Engineering and A.I.

8. When using AI start with pretrigger scans, which terminals do I need for AI Read

9. 2nd Conf. on Software Engineering and A.I.

10. 2nd Conf. on Software Engineering and A.I.

11. 2nd Conf. on Software Engineering and A.I.

12. A.I. Research Fellowships/Senior Fellowships