piping programs w/ php
Author Message
 piping programs w/ php

Hi All,

I have written a command line based java program which I would like to
start, stop and issue commands to through a PHP page - I have never written
a program which pipes data to and from another program, and I was hoping
someone could suggest technique, or point me to a good reference on the
topic.

Basically, I want to make a PHP page which has a few fields for arguments,
and when the user presses a 'start' button, I want to instruct the server to
run a java program with those arguments.  I also want to maintain that
connection to the program so i can issue more commands later (such as a
terminate command) and also retrieve and display messages from the java
software standard output stream...any experience or tips?

thanks in advance,
matt
--
///////////////////////////////
m roberts

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 00:54:17 GMT

1. FW: [PHP Classes] MetaL - a XML based meta-programming language developed using PHP

2. Compare PHP and Python CGI Program for web Programming

3. pipe.close -> Broken pipe/DRb madness

4. avoid a blocking operation on a (named) pipe / timeout on a pipe

5. Turning off pipe buffering, or flushing pipe?

6. pipe to a java program and back again

7. Pipes (was: Invocation of Rexx programs)

8. REXXPERTS: Multitasking/Piping with REXX into a program that uses stdin

9. Program output piping

10. Program output piping in OS/2

11. Program output piping in

12. buffer problem piping to an OS/2 rexx program