Error Location Reporting
Author Message
 Error Location Reporting

I have a function which is called from many places in a large body of code.
When there is an error, the message of course refers me to the function
code for the location. Is there any practical way to have it report where
the function was called from when there is an error?

--
Alan Little
Holotech Enterprises

Sat, 21 May 2005 04:01:36 GMT
 Error Location Reporting
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Alan
Little of comp.lang.php make plain:

Quote:
> I have a function which is called from many places in a large body of
> code. When there is an error, the message of course refers me to the
> function code for the location. Is there any practical way to have it
> report where the function was called from when there is an error?

Apparently not, huh?

Of course, I can have the function itself report $PHP_SELF, but that
isn't much help, since it's usually easy to tell which file is executing,
and of course __LINE__ just reports the line in the function code; when
you have calls to a given function in a dozen different places in the
code, it would be nice to be able know which call is causing the error.

Note to PHP developers: perhaps a setting that would cause errors
occurring in a function to report where the function was called from, or
at least some way for a function to know so it could report it itself.

--
Alan Little
Holotech Enterprises

Fri, 27 May 2005 00:27:45 GMT

1. WMF Report file location

2. Setting Location on Sub-Reports

3. Trace function with automatic source code location reporting

4. Tcl8.0p1 error reporting bug report and patches

5. 16777217 Error at unidentified Location

6. Error while reading in pointer Location

7. C4 report writer error message

8. Report Writer with many pass parameters causes error on Win Millennium

9. ERROR in DECIMAL formatting on report, HELP !!!!

10. Error in Report Decimal alingnment CW5pe-b

11. Decimal formatting in reports, error or misuse ? (CW5b)

12. TINTOOLs Report Preview ZOOM Error