php keeps starting new sessions rather than use current session
Author Message
 php keeps starting new sessions rather than use current session

(Win2k, php4.2.3, Apache2)

problem regarding; php sessions, apache 404's and header()

Can someone please help.  I have a website working fine; it has a
combination of "real" pages and "fake" pages.  The fake pages are
actually created from a database lookup on an Apache 404 error
redirection.  Everything worked fine, well did....

I am now experiencing two problems:

1.  a session_start() on a real page works fine... but for EVERY 404
page, rather than use the old session data, a completely new session is
created.  I am therefore unable to carry session data from one page to
the next whenever a 404 is involved.

2.  The same session problem is apparent when using header() to redirect
(I guess this is related to my problem 1).

Someone please help, this is driving me mad because it all worked fine
until recently.  And just to make it even worse, my pages work fine on
the hosted version of the same site (they use a linux / unix box).

Thanks for reading.

Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:32:59 GMT
 php keeps starting new sessions rather than use current session
Did you recently upgrade to php version 4.2+ ?
If so are you aware of the version 4.2 globals off issue?

Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:36:57 GMT
 php keeps starting new sessions rather than use current session

Quote:

> Did you recently upgrade to php version 4.2+ ?
> If so are you aware of the version 4.2 globals off issue?

I've been working with globals off for some considerable time now.  I
did go from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 and I did switch to Apache2 from OmniHTTPd...
My website works on my web host but they use Apache 1.3.26.. you think
this might be an Apache problem?  Are there issues with Apache2 and
sessions?  All help greatly appreciated.

Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:45:52 GMT

1. create new session in PHP

2. error using sessions in PHP!!!Please help

3. starting / using an extra GEM session

4. starting / using an extra GEM session

5. Subject: [Web Site] How-To: Easy CGI Session Handling with pso.session

6. Session notes from Fall DECUS DEC Fortran 90 session

7. session path : session.save_path

8. Spawn a telnet session from a spawned telnet session

9. Subject: [Web Site] How-To: Easy CGI Session Handling with pso.session

10. Keeping Sessions Alive

11. OS/2, changing title of the current session.

12. php session variables on multiple pages