cannot call php site out of php site
Author Message
 cannot call php site out of php site

The problem:

A php script is executed by pressing a submit button. In the php
script a file specified by its URL is upload on the server and if no
errors occured the php script which called the upload script should be
called again. I did this by using

header("Location: http://".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']
    .dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])
    ."/". "searfe_form2.php" . $variables);

It worked fine, till we recompiled the server with php version 4.2.3.
Now it seems, the header function doesnt influence the script at all.
It is if no header function would be there. But I have to go back to
the calling script without user interaction.

Is there a php function which allows calling another script? I thought
of requires(), but I think this function only includes the functions
in the specified file into the script.

I am glad for any help.

Thanx.

Mathias.

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 16:11:35 GMT
 cannot call php site out of php site

Quote:
> The problem:

> A php script is executed by pressing a submit button. In the php
> script a file specified by its URL is upload on the server and if no
> errors occured the php script which called the upload script should be
> called again. I did this by using

> header("Location: http://".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']
>     .dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])
>     ."/". "searfe_form2.php" . $variables);

> It worked fine, till we recompiled the server with php version 4.2.3.
> Now it seems, the header function doesnt influence the script at all.
> It is if no header function would be there. But I have to go back to
> the calling script without user interaction.

> Is there a php function which allows calling another script? I thought
> of requires(), but I think this function only includes the functions
> in the specified file into the script.

> I am glad for any help.

> Thanx.

> Mathias.

Globals on or off?
If off, you need to get server http host before calling header.

Hope this helps
RG

Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:38:02 GMT
 cannot call php site out of php site
How do you do that? Any example?

Quote:

> > The problem:

> > A php script is executed by pressing a submit button. In the php
> > script a file specified by its URL is upload on the server and if no
> > errors occured the php script which called the upload script should be
> > called again. I did this by using

> > header("Location: http://".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']
> >     .dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])
> >     ."/". "searfe_form2.php" . $variables);

> > It worked fine, till we recompiled the server with php version 4.2.3.
> > Now it seems, the header function doesnt influence the script at all.
> > It is if no header function would be there. But I have to go back to
> > the calling script without user interaction.

> > Is there a php function which allows calling another script? I thought
> > of requires(), but I think this function only includes the functions
> > in the specified file into the script.

> > I am glad for any help.

> > Thanx.

> > Mathias.

> Globals on or off?
> If off, you need to get server http host before calling header.

> Hope this helps
> RG

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:19:34 GMT

1. PHP-Nuke & Subscription site

2. Equivalent of PHP portals for personal sites?

3. Calling PHP Code Snippets within PHP Application

4. RFA: PHP site in multiple languages

5. which site to start writing php?

6. downloading site in php

7. Site Search program in PHP Cookbook