Using PHP to fill data on a PDF
Author Message
 Using PHP to fill data on a PDF

Hi,

I have a form in PDF (say an Invoice), is there a way to fill the different
field using PHP and then send this personalized PDF file to the customer by
email.

I know I can build the PDF file from scratch each time using PDFLib, but I
would prefer to build/change it visualy with Acrobat and then only fill the
fields with PHP.

I don't know very well FDF. I know we could do the same thing and show the
result in a web browser. But what I want is to save the resulting PDF file
and send it by email.

Thanks

Yannick

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 05:42:46 GMT
 Using PHP to fill data on a PDF

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a form in PDF (say an Invoice), is there a way to fill the
different
> field using PHP and then send this personalized PDF file to the customer
by
> email.

Yes. Write a PHP script to generate an FDF file as the output. Send the FDF
file to the customer as an E-mail attachment. The /F spec of the FDF should
be the URL of the PDF (say an invoice) into which you wish the FDF form data
to be imported.

Quote:
> I know I can build the PDF file from scratch each time using PDFLib, but I
> would prefer to build/change it visualy with Acrobat and then only fill
the
> fields with PHP.

No additional libraries are required. An FDF file is a plain text file,
usually served up in web transactions as Content-Type: application/vnd.fdf.

Quote:
> I don't know very well FDF. I know we could do the same thing and show the
> result in a web browser. But what I want is to save the resulting PDF file
> and send it by email.

O.K. There are several ways to do this. The free ways require some
development on your part. If you insist on sending the filled-PDF, rather
than an FDF to fill a pre-determined PDF, you might take a look at
www.fpdf.org.

Cheers.

Bill Segraves

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:37:27 GMT

1. Q: How to fill an excel sheet with data from tcl using DDE

2. Ms SQL fileerror 22001=String data, right truncation when I fill data into file

3. Using PHP to transfer data between 2 MySQL databases

4. FW: [PHP Classes] MetaL - a XML based meta-programming language developed using PHP

5. php and pdf

6. PHP and PDF examples/How to

7. PHP, PDF, and FDF - problem with PHP4 default Content-Type: text/html

8. searching in word document (or exell or pdf etc) with a php script

9. Recherche de fichiers PDF en PHP

10. PHP and PDF

11. Can I fill Browse box with queue data ?

12. Imaging - scanning images and auto-filling data