Solved: problem uploading large files after RH 8.0 upgrade
Author Message
 Solved: problem uploading large files after RH 8.0 upgrade

When we upgraded a server to Red Hat 8.0, we discovered that "large" uploads
to our web-server stopped working.

It turns out that RH8.0 introduces a "/etc/httpd/conf.d" directory which
contains files that are included into "httpd.conf."

Among them is a configuration-file parameter that limits upload sizes to
512K.

I had already guessed from the error-messages in Apache's error_log that a
512K-byte limit had been imposed and that it wasn't accidental.  (The
Apache docs said that Apache ships with "no limit," and so it does.)  But I
could not _find_ the directive.

Now you know where to find it.  Hope it saves as much hair for you as it did
for me.

Wed, 11 May 2005 01:30:30 GMT

1. New PHP 4.2.2 under RedHat 8.0 -- file uploading broken (sort of)

2. PHP 4.2.2 under RedHat 8.0 -- file uploading broken

3. CGI form data trod upon when uploading large file

4. HTTP or alternative upload for large files

5. large file uploads to Apache

6. problem of upgrading tcl/tk from 8.0 to 8.3

7. Problems with upgrade 7.6 -> 8.0

8. tcl 8.0 mishandles large files in Solaris 2.6

9. Cannot get TK 8.4.5 to install on RH Linux 8.0

10. PHP upgrade on RH Linux

11. RH 7.1/Fail upgrading to Python2: Why?

12. File Upload Problems with binary files (ASCII works ok)