really simple question php.ini 
Author Message
 really simple question php.ini

Hi I'm new to php, I run php with Apache server on Win2000. All works
fine but when I try to edit my php.ini file I don't get any change in
php behaviour!
I experimented this problem with register_globals I just want to
change this setting but it seem that php ignore that.
I run phpinfo and my php.info path is seen regularly. So what could be
wrong?
Please help me!
Thanks
Gabe


Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:26:44 GMT  
 really simple question php.ini
Try restarting Apache after you make your changes.
Quote:

> Hi I'm new to php, I run php with Apache server on Win2000. All works
> fine but when I try to edit my php.ini file I don't get any change in
> php behaviour!
> I experimented this problem with register_globals I just want to
> change this setting but it seem that php ignore that.
> I run phpinfo and my php.info path is seen regularly. So what could be
> wrong?
> Please help me!
> Thanks
> Gabe



Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:30:31 GMT  
 really simple question php.ini
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

In a fit of e{*filter*}ment on 18 Mar 2003 14:26:44 -0800,

Quote:
> Hi I'm new to php, I run php with Apache server on Win2000. All
> works fine but when I try to edit my php.ini file I don't get any
> change in php behaviour!
> I experimented this problem with register_globals I just want to
> change this setting but it seem that php ignore that.
> I run phpinfo and my php.info path is seen regularly. So what could
> be wrong?
> Please help me!
> Thanks
> Gabe

Gabe,

Did you restart Apache after making the changes to php.ini?

Regards,

  Ian

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 8.0

iQA/AwUBPnekHWfqtj251CDhEQKEQQCg13X2Kg1DlfRUUfXb73jS9OMvxAUAoNQM
zcX25GU0HwKj/hvtmSv+5CcX
=2kxo
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
Ian.H  [Design & Development]
digiServ Network - Web solutions
www.digiserv.net  |  irc.digiserv.net  |  forum.digiserv.net
Scripting, Web design, development & hosting.



Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:56:30 GMT  
 really simple question php.ini

Quote:

> Hi I'm new to php, I run php with Apache server on Win2000. All works
> fine but when I try to edit my php.ini file I don't get any change in
> php behaviour!

As well as restarting apache, as others have suggested, you may also
want to verify that the php.ini file you are changing, is the one that
phpinfo() reports as being used.

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.*-*-*.com/ ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
"Therefore the considerations of the intelligent always include both
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu
== Insults, like {*filter*}, are the last refuge of the incompetent... ===



Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:01:31 GMT  
 really simple question php.ini
Quote:
> Did you restart Apache after making the changes to php.ini?

Yes, absolutely. I Do the following.
Stop apache
edit php.ini
start apache
load test.php page containing phpinfo() and register_globals contains
still the old value even if php.ini file is read because I can see
through phpinfo() that the file path is correct.
Any other suggestion?
TIA
Gabe


Mon, 05 Sep 2005 01:09:35 GMT  
 really simple question php.ini

Quote:

>Yes, absolutely. I Do the following.
>Stop apache
>edit php.ini

Is the php.ini you are editing the same one that PHP actually
uses?

--
http://www.spinics.net/linux/



Mon, 05 Sep 2005 05:14:09 GMT  
 really simple question php.ini
Hello Ellis,
I know for sure I'm editing the right php.ini file because is the one
I can see from phpinfo() It's incredible but I can't find an answer to
this apparently silly problem! It's frustrating!
Gabe
Quote:

> >Yes, absolutely. I Do the following.
> >Stop apache
> >edit php.ini

> Is the php.ini you are editing the same one that PHP actually
> uses?



Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:52:34 GMT  
 really simple question php.ini

Quote:

> Hello Ellis,
> I know for sure I'm editing the right php.ini file because is the one
> I can see from phpinfo() It's incredible but I can't find an answer to
> this apparently silly problem! It's frustrating!

Could it be that the php.ini file is being overruled later by an
.htaccess file?

JP

--




Tue, 06 Sep 2005 02:14:10 GMT  
 really simple question php.ini
I'd like to thanks everyone that replied to me, even if I still
haven't find a solution! There isn't any .htaccess file that can
override my php.ini.
So it still remain a mistery to me hot to configure this!
Quote:
> Could it be that the php.ini file is being overruled later by an
> .htaccess file?

> JP



Sun, 11 Sep 2005 04:11:55 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. different PHP-Version with differengt php.ini files?

2. PHP.INI Question and pathing

3. really lame question (but I want to be the best darn php coder I can be)

4. A Really Simple Question...

5. A really simple question

6. Really simple TCL question?

7. Really simple TCL question

8. really simple question

9. Simple PHP MS SQL Question

10. Simple Question - Run .php form an html directory

11. Simple PHP Question - Newbie

12. How to use disable_functions in php.ini?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software