ERROR: Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at
Author Message
 ERROR: Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at

What does this error mean and how do you fix it??????
Thanks
Colum

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:45:01 GMT
 ERROR: Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at

--
Ian.H  [Design & Development]
digiServ Network - Web solutions

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:49:10 GMT
 ERROR: Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at

Quote:
> What does this error mean and how do you fix it??????

Read my reply...

KAH

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:02:01 GMT
 ERROR: Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at

[About "ERROR: Cannot modify header information..."]

Quote:
> What does this error mean and how do you fix it??????

You're probably printing something before you use the header function:
  http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.header.php

Cheers,

--
Jock

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:07:13 GMT
 ERROR: Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at

Quote:

--
Ian.H  [Design & Development]
digiServ Network - Web solutions
www.digiserv.net  |  irc.digiserv.net  |  forum.digiserv.net
Scripting, Web design, development & hosting.

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 02:33:13 GMT
 ERROR: Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at
One thing that will get ya if you aren't looking for it is an extra blank line at the end of an included file.

file1:
1: <?
2:      $my_loc = $GLOBALS['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
3: ?>
4:

file2:
1: <?
2:      include("./file1.php");
3:      header(" Location: /showfiles.php?location=$my_loc ");
4: ?>

This type of setup will get you because of the blank line at the end of file1 (line 4). The reason is because that empty line gets immediatly pushed to the browser, starting the output. Then some function is used that cannot be used after any output is sent to the browser. The reason some of these functions can't be used after the HTML headers have already been sent to the browser is because these functions do something to the header such as setting the location (as shown above) or setting cookies, etc.

The PHP error message should help you find where this line is.

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:45:01 -0000

Quote:

> What does this error mean and how do you fix it??????
> Thanks
> Colum

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:17:19 GMT

1. Cannot modify header information

2. Cannot Add Header Information Error

3. Headers already sent

4. Cannot add header information

5. configure error: cannot find a cracklib header file

6. Dynamically change report header and column header based on glo variable

7. Can anybody can describe the header 16 bit dos program header (.exe)

8. External Header file xlib.h includes internal header file tkIntXlibDecls.h

9. Help with Headers redirect error 'headers allready sent'

10. cannot use parameters from subroutine-header when calling Lahey Fortran 90 DLL from Delphi 3

11. TIFF Header Information

12. Excel - File Header Information