user auth.
Author Message
 user auth.

Can anybody tell me how to use user auth. with php

I have downloaden some php scripts but that is not exactly what i want.

I want users to log in and use the login data to check if acces is allowed
and query a database so the logged user can only view their own records.

J. Harms

Perhaps somebody has written something like this and would like to share it.

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:42:57 GMT
 user auth.

Quote:

> Can anybody tell me how to use user auth. with php

> I have downloaden some php scripts but that is not exactly what i want.

> I want users to log in and use the login data to check if acces is allowed
> and query a database so the logged user can only view their own records.

> J. Harms

> Perhaps somebody has written something like this and would like to share
> it.

Implementing this is 100% dependent on your data structure and the framework
you use for accessing the data. How, for example, is a generic script
supposed to know what field Foo of table Bar is only accessible to person
A? There are frameworks which address this, but in using them you lock your
whole site into using that framework. My own framework,
radioaqtiph2.rootonfire.org is one example which supports user-level rights
on database records, but to take advantage of it the whole site must be
written using that framework.

It's the same principal when moving between OSes: there is no 100% generic,
portable way to check or set file access rights, because some OSes don't
use them or only partially use them (like Win9x and earlier). You'll
notice, for example, that many Unix-originated functions in the PHP API
(like mkdir and chmod) have reduced or no functionality on Windows
platforms.

--
----- stephan beal

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:04:46 GMT
 user auth.

Quote:
> Can anybody tell me how to use user auth. with php

> I have downloaden some php scripts but that is not exactly what i want.

> I want users to log in and use the login data to check if acces is allowed
> and query a database so the logged user can only view their own records.

> J. Harms

> Perhaps somebody has written something like this and would like to share
it.

You might want to look at

http://www.phpsecurepages.com

ofor

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:52:36 GMT

1. VisualAge users VisualAge users VisualAge users.

2. ANN: auth-modules 1.0b released

3. proxy_auth_ldap-0.1.3.py: LDAP auth module for Squid

4. proxy_auth_ldap-0.1.py: LDAP auth module for Squid

5. ANN: Auth DBAPI 0.10

6. Problem using Basic Auth in WebUnit

7. deamon with auth

8. deamon with auth

9. Ruby implementation of basic auth http client

10. HTTP auth using PHP and HTML

11. Security: cleartext after SSL auth safe?

12. Pear ITX, Auth