file size upload problem
Author Message
 file size upload problem
I followed the example on www.php.net and successfully made a webpage
that allows files to be uploaded to the webserver. But I can only upload
files smaller than 9mb. I have already changed the php.ini and the max
size in the html to huge numbers. I verified the php.ini change is
active using test.php. But I can still only go up to 8mb. When I exceed
that the temp filename changes to "". Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:03:10 GMT
 file size upload problem
Your web server may be timing out (?)

Quote:
> I followed the example on www.php.net and successfully made a webpage
> that allows files to be uploaded to the webserver. But I can only upload
> files smaller than 9mb. I have already changed the php.ini and the max
> size in the html to huge numbers. I verified the php.ini change is
> active using test.php. But I can still only go up to 8mb. When I exceed
> that the temp filename changes to "". Any ideas?

> Thanks,

> Dave

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:24:59 GMT
 file size upload problem

May be its the "post_max_size" setting. AFAIK it limits the amount of
accepted post data an is often set to 8MB

Good luck,
Martin

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 01:21:49 GMT
 file size upload problem

Quote:

> I followed the example on www.php.net and successfully made a webpage
> that allows files to be uploaded to the webserver. But I can only upload
> files smaller than 9mb. I have already changed the php.ini and the max
> size in the html to huge numbers. I verified the php.ini change is
> active using test.php. But I can still only go up to 8mb. When I exceed
> that the temp filename changes to "". Any ideas?

I have to ask, I'm sorry.  By "huge number" you do mean more than 9437184
(9Mb) right? :o)

If so, read this:
post_max_size integer
Sets max size of post data allowed. This setting also affects file upload.
To upload large files, this value must be larger than upload_max_filesize.

If memory limit is enabled by your configure script, memory_limit also
affects file uploading. Generally speaking, memory_limit should be larger
than post_max_size.

And if you're still having trouble:
Something to consider - if the number is unreasonably big maybe PHP reverts
back to the default (wild guess)?  To test, use 9999999 in the html and in
php.ini and upload a 9Mb file.

Shawn
--
Shawn Wilson

http://www.glassgiant.com

Sat, 01 Oct 2005 03:28:47 GMT

1. Maximum file upload size set to only 10kB?

2. file upload size limit

3. File Upload Problems with binary files (ASCII works ok)

4. Uploading Data from BASIC file Problem

5. file upload-problem: my computer sometimes blocks

6. file upload problem

7. PHP Expert needs help with file upload problem: permission denied

8. Problem while uploading a binary file using cgi module

9. File Upload Problems

10. NEWBIE: File upload problems

11. Problem with file upload

12. Solved: problem uploading large files after RH 8.0 upgrade