PHP/WAP/WML Sending Files Question
Author Message
 PHP/WAP/WML Sending Files Question

Hello. I am looking to write some kind of PHP application... Ooh,
helpful there.

Its for a WAP device, a mobile phone, using WML with a PHP backend.

What I want to do is to allow a user to click on a link and have
something sent to them once only. But I need to ensure that it is sent
once only. Its will be a MIDI file.

Is there anyway in programming PHP to send a file and make sure it is
successfully received at the other end?

Thanks
Simon

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:57:07 GMT
 PHP/WAP/WML Sending Files Question

Quote:

> Hello. I am looking to write some kind of PHP application... Ooh,
> helpful there.

> Its for a WAP device, a mobile phone, using WML with a PHP backend.

> What I want to do is to allow a user to click on a link and have
> something sent to them once only. But I need to ensure that it is sent
> once only. Its will be a MIDI file.

> Is there anyway in programming PHP to send a file and make sure it is
> successfully received at the other end?

> Thanks
> Simon

Hi,

I saw your message whilst looking for something else.  I am not
familiar with PHP, but have done a similar thing with ASP.  You just
need to make sure you send out the correct content headers, as well as
the file itself.  As far as actual confirmation is concerned, I am
fairly sure that you cannot tell whether the phone has received it
properly.  However, later nokia phones (including the 7210) do support
COD, nokia's content object descriptor format.  This is a text file
that the phone downloads before it makes a request for your midi file.
 The text file contains a line that tells the phone where to make a
request if it has received the file ok.  COD-Install-Notify I think it
is.  For more info, go to nokia.com and look for COD.

Hope this helps.
Shane.

Sat, 07 May 2005 18:20:09 GMT

1. wml + php

2. PHP/WML combination possability?

3. different PHP-Version with differengt php.ini files?

4. Newbie to PHP - Displaying local PHP Files

5. UTF8 php files are not interpreted by PHP ! :-(

6. Sending a BLOB to a File question

7. question about sending output to files

8. Expect: sending a file as one big send string

9. Expect: sending a file as one big send string

10. EXPECT QUESTION - send will not send

11. Send SMS in ActiveX, Java, Perl, PHP or Shared Object

12. PHP not sending an SQL Query properly