different PHP-Version with differengt php.ini files?
Author Message
 different PHP-Version with differengt php.ini files?

Hi,

for testing purposes I have to configure an apache-web server on a
Win2000 Server that way, that different php-Version are available,
with different configuration (php.ini) files.

What I already successfully managed is

a) Using different PHP-Version as cgi, defined in serveral
VirtualHosts

b) Using one PHP-Version as module, overwriting php.ini values with
the php_value direktive in the virtual host.

c) I found out that php allows to specify a different php.ini path
using the -c parameter at the command line.

Sadly, I cant manage to teach apache to accept a setting like this:
<----- cut ------>
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
    ScriptAlias /php/ "c:/programme/php/"
    ServerName vhost2
    DocumentRoot c:\work\apachetest\vhost2
    DirectoryIndex phpinfo.php
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.exe -c c:/programme/php/"
    <IfModule php4_module>
      php_value register_globals Off
    </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>
<----- cut ------>

Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:30:59 GMT
 different PHP-Version with differengt php.ini files?
Just found a solution myself:

my httpd.conf VHost-Section:
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
    ScriptAlias /php/ "c:/programme/php/"
    ServerName vhost3
    DocumentRoot c:\work\apachetest\vhost3
    DirectoryIndex index.php phpinfo.php
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.bat"
</VirtualHost>

php.exe -c /C:\programme\php\inifiles\1\php.ini

Sometimes the most simple solution is the best ;)

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:15:31 GMT

1. where are setting stored when there is no php.ini file

2. Newbie to PHP - Displaying local PHP Files

3. UTF8 php files are not interpreted by PHP ! :-(

4. How to use disable_functions in php.ini?

5. PHP.INI not taking affect

6. php.ini problem

7. official documentation php.ini ?!?!!?

8. really simple question php.ini

9. php.ini changes not taking

10. php.ini-dist

11. php.ini function disable directive