URL Query String Problem - Setup ?? - Newbie
Author Message
 URL Query String Problem - Setup ?? - Newbie

solved it, using
$_GET['name']
thanks

Quote:
> I've just installed PHP for the first time, and been learning as I go.

> *.php files work fine, as does accessing MY-SQL.
> But I am unable to pass variables using URL Query String.

> The HTML works fine, but when I click on the link, I end up with

> "Notice: Undefined variable: name in c:\webpages\wel.php on line 2"

> If I assign a value to name in the PHP then that value appears.
> Is this a setup problem, or am I doing this the wrong way

> TIA
> Eric

> Code below

> HTML file starts
> ----
> <A HREF="wel.php?name=kevin"> Kev click</a>
> ----
> End HTML

> PHP file starts (wel.php)
> ----
> <?PHP
> echo($name);
> ?>
> ----
> End PHP

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:27:18 GMT

1. url query problem - setup ?? newbie

2. OS/2 Querying setup strings on Directories?

3. Python quick setup URL for Linux setup?

4. Array to URL query string

5. Problem with program object setup string w/ embedded semicolons

6. Problem with query strings in http::geturl...

7. silly newbie problem -- passing parameters via URL

8. Newbie: String trimleft problem

9. newbie: problems with strings

10. MySQL query in PHP: Not query zero amounts also removes null amounts from query

11. OS/2 REXX SysCreateObject() WinCreateObject setup string tips?

12. OS/2, setup string in syssetobjectdata function