I am writing a php script to check the validity of webpage links i
have stored in my database.  I can check them OK, but I have a lot of
them and it takes a few minutes to check them all (before any results
get displayed).  Is there a way I could update the browser to reflect
each validated link after they have been validated?  I have seen this
done on some sites, such as http://www.*-*-*.com/
Do i have to keep reloading the page with the new results or is there
some other way to do it?  Please advise.

-Erick Jensen

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:35:51 GMT

> I am writing a php script to check the validity of webpage links i
> have stored in my database.  I can check them OK, but I have a lot of
> them and it takes a few minutes to check them all (before any results
> get displayed).  Is there a way I could update the browser to reflect
> each validated link after they have been validated?  I have seen this
> done on some sites, such as http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/anim.
> Do i have to keep reloading the page with the new results or is there
> some other way to do it?  Please advise.

You can call flush() to send output, but it is not guaranteed to work (per
the docs). flush() is a "suggestion" to the web server that it send any
pending output to the client, but the server is not obligated to pay it any
attention.

http://www.php.net/flush

See the important notes there, especially the notes for Windows servers.

--
----- stephan beal

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:31:22 GMT

1. 1 little, 2 little, 3 little endians...

2. limited test-less loop-less call-full repetition

3. A little page about J in Spanish / Una peque?a página de J en espa?ol

5. little example (Re: "http_clt2srv.cmd" - little function to do http HEAD, GET, POST

6. Of Lisp and little sleep...the little monstrous questions that nag me.

7. Have a little respect for the dead!

8. A little survey

9. little help to deploy an exe

10. ANN: a little more on printers

11. Why so little APL discussion

12. Which Language needs least lines? (COBOL considered harmful)