Can anybody help a newbie with a Fatal Error problem
Author Message
 Can anybody help a newbie with a Fatal Error problem

I downloaded a CMS application from the web and I am trying to install
it on my machine. It is a Windows XP , running Apache and PHP..
when I try and start the application I get the error
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gc() in
\\htdocs\instantposts\lib\session.inc on line 461

can anyone please help..
thank you
Ralph

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:38:45 GMT
 Can anybody help a newbie with a Fatal Error problem

Quote:

> I downloaded a CMS application from the web and I am trying to install
> it on my machine. It is a Windows XP , running Apache and PHP..
> when I try and start the application I get the error
> Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gc() in
> \\htdocs\instantposts\lib\session.inc on line 461

Hi Ralph,

The error means that there is a second declaration of a (user-defined)
function called gc() in session.inc on line 461.
So this function has been declared before.
Search in the other (included) files for "function gc(".

HTH;
JOn

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:57:34 GMT
 Can anybody help a newbie with a Fatal Error problem

Quote:

>>I downloaded a CMS application from the web and I am trying to install
>>it on my machine. It is a Windows XP , running Apache and PHP..
>>when I try and start the application I get the error
>>Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gc() in
>>\\htdocs\instantposts\lib\session.inc on line 461

> Hi Ralph,

> The error means that there is a second declaration of a (user-defined)
> function called gc() in session.inc on line 461.
> So this function has been declared before.
> Search in the other (included) files for "function gc(".

> HTH;
> JOn

The other thing you might want to do is replace require statements with
require_once where it is appropriate.

sometimes you'll have
<?php
require "foo.php";
require "bar.php";

?>

but bar.php will already have a 'require' statement for foo.php

so any functions declared in foo will be declared twice.

for additional info, see the PHP manual for differences between include
and require - also include_once/require_once

cheers.

PS.
Personally, I use include_once everywhere... :)

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:22:04 GMT

1. Newbie question:Fatal Error in Wish

2. Fatal error - help me please.

3. Need help with Fatal Clipper error C3049

4. Error C3048-Fatal Preprocessor Overflow help please?

5. Help with a Fatal error

6. Help: FPS 4.0 INQUIRE stmt fatal error.

7. Fatal error: Out of Memory problem

8. fatal error: internal error

9. Tkinter error in exiting the app: Fatal Python Error

10. Anybody Please help !!!!! Clarion 2 - Internal Error - 04

11. Fatal Error - couldn't set time resolution

12. VW2.0: Fatal Error: Out of Memory