"Failed to Receive" error when sending mail
Author Message
 "Failed to Receive" error when sending mail

Anyone know what the message "Warning: Failed to Receive" means? While
sending a batch of emails using mail(), I got this message on a lot of
them....some emails in the loop sent fine, and some got this message. Does
this mean the email wasn't sent at all?

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:51:07 GMT
 "Failed to Receive" error when sending mail
Yeah, i get this too, here is my code:

<?php
$name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['name'];
$email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
$about = $HTTP_POST_VARS['about'];
$problem = $HTTP_POST_VARS['problem'];
$mytime = date("H:i:s");
$mydate = date("d.m.y");

$subject = "Feedback from Sixthforum at $mytime on $mydate";
$message = "From: $name ($email)\n";
$message .= "Subject: $about\n";
$message .= "Problem: $problem\n";
mail($to, $subject, $message);
?>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
Thank you for your feedback. You will now be returned to the Sixthforum Main
Page...

Where obviously 'name', 'email', 'about' and 'problem' are objects from a
form on the 'post' page.

I am using Win XP, IIS, PHP 4.2.3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alec

Quote:
> Anyone know what the message "Warning: Failed to Receive" means? While
> sending a batch of emails using mail(), I got this message on a lot of
> them....some emails in the loop sent fine, and some got this message. Does
> this mean the email wasn't sent at all?

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:22:44 GMT

1. "ASLTREE:InitBitmap failed" error editing dictionary

2. Transactions and "Append lock failed" error

3. Help--"grantpt(Error 0) failed"

4. "failed to handle background error"

5. "Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault".

6. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

7. Send/Receive internet mail

8. "bound error" error# 1132

9. Error with eruby: "Exec format error"

10. error writing "stdout": I/O error

11. Bug: gawk 3.0 fails to index(.,"")

12. RichReport message "EM_SETCHARFORMAT failed"