getingt php to work with postgresql on windows
Author Message
 getingt php to work with postgresql on windows

I would like to use phpPgAdmin on my Windows XP machine. I modified
phpPgAdmin config file and opened main page in browser and got the following
message:

You do not have postgresql support built into your PHP Web Server.
phpPgAdmin requires postgresql support to function properly!
Please check the PHP documentation for corrective action.

I have Apache server + PHP installed on my machine. It works perfectly with
mySQL, but not postgreSQL. PostgreSQL is running on remote computer, not on
my XP machine.

Can anyone help me get PHP to work with postgresql ?
Please note that I do not have much experience, so step by step answer would
be much appreciated.

thank you in advance

Sat, 14 May 2005 05:23:01 GMT
 getingt php to work with postgresql on windows
There's a line in your PHP.ini file (windows/system/) that reads:

;extension=php_pgsql.dll

I suggest you remove the ; and try again :o)

Quote:
> I would like to use phpPgAdmin on my Windows XP machine. I modified
> phpPgAdmin config file and opened main page in browser and got the
following
> message:

> You do not have postgresql support built into your PHP Web Server.
> phpPgAdmin requires postgresql support to function properly!
> Please check the PHP documentation for corrective action.

> I have Apache server + PHP installed on my machine. It works perfectly
with
> mySQL, but not postgreSQL. PostgreSQL is running on remote computer, not
on
> my XP machine.

> Can anyone help me get PHP to work with postgresql ?
> Please note that I do not have much experience, so step by step answer
would
> be much appreciated.

> thank you in advance

---

Mon, 16 May 2005 01:47:13 GMT

1. PHP + Apache + PostgreSQL + Cygwin + Windows?

2. PHP+MySQL vs. PHP+PostgreSQL

3. php + mysql or php + postgresql?

4. PHP files don't work in Windows network drive

5. Help: PHP works with .php but not .html

6. PostgreSQL / PHP problem

7. (working?) Re: StORE and PostgreSQL

8. APQ: undefined PQescapeString Work-Around for older PostgreSQL releases

9. Python/Python Windows/PostgreSQL/ODBC

10. TCL 8 support for PostgreSQL Windows pgtcl.lib library

11. mysql is not working with php

12. Does anyone have Java working with PHP?