Uploading a file and processing it in memory
Author Message
 Uploading a file and processing it in memory

Hello,

Is it possible with php, to upload a file without saving it on the file
system and directly process it in the memory ?

Regards,

Nicolas Debras

Mon, 30 May 2005 22:22:37 GMT
 Uploading a file and processing it in memory

Quote:

> Is it possible with php, to upload a file without saving it on the file
> system and directly process it in the memory ?

Nope, because the upload is handled at the http layer, not by php.

--
----- stephan beal

Mon, 30 May 2005 22:32:56 GMT
 Uploading a file and processing it in memory

Quote:

> Hello,

> Is it possible with php, to upload a file without saving it on the file
> system and directly process it in the memory ?

maybe, when your directory where uploaded files are stored is a
ram-disk. so it's quasi "directly in memory".

--
mac

real email-adress: mac clondiag com

Tue, 31 May 2005 20:19:59 GMT

1. script to process uploading from a browser?

2. PHP file uploads corrupts my files

3. File Upload Problems with binary files (ASCII works ok)

4. SOFTWARE UPLOAD: ftnchek 2.70 LARGE_MACHINE uploaded

5. How do I process a data file that includes other files

6. File Processing 2 files

7. file processing-rrds-padding the file

8. VisualWave file upload widget (VW5i.3)

9. Automatically uploading files to the Internet

10. Form-based file upload (RFC 1867)

11. VAST Web Connection: how to download/ upload a file from a webserver ?(please read my explanation)

12. File Uploads with VA Webconnect