Problem with apache and php
Author Message
 Problem with apache and php

Hi NG!
Can anyone help me?
I just wanted to test php on my local system, so I created a new .php
file with the content:

<?php
echo $a
?>

When I enter 'http://localhost/file.php?a=5' in my browser, it returs
somethig like 'a: not defined'.
Also if I try to submit any var by an html page, it doesn't work.
Does anyone know the reason (and how it can be solved)
I just downloaded apache and php two days ago, so they both are the
latest version. I'm running Win98 SE, if this helps.

Thanx for your help (and excuse my bad English, I learned it on a german
school...)
        Andy

Mon, 30 May 2005 20:08:05 GMT
 Problem with apache and php

Quote:

> Hi NG!
> Can anyone help me?
> I just wanted to test php on my local system, so I created a new .php
> file with the content:

> <?php
> echo $a

> When I enter 'http://localhost/file.php?a=5' in my browser, it returs
> somethig like 'a: not defined'.
> Also if I try to submit any var by an html page, it doesn't work.
> Does anyone know the reason (and how it can be solved)

It's because it is latest version of php.
Now you have to address your $a like $_GET["a"]
or set register_globals to ON in php.ini

--
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Mon, 30 May 2005 20:34:22 GMT
 Problem with apache and php
THX!

jack schrieb:

Quote:

> > Hi NG!
> > Can anyone help me?
> > I just wanted to test php on my local system, so I created a new .php
> > file with the content:

> > <?php
> > echo $a

> > When I enter 'http://localhost/file.php?a=5' in my browser, it returs
> > somethig like 'a: not defined'.
> > Also if I try to submit any var by an html page, it doesn't work.
> > Does anyone know the reason (and how it can be solved)

> It's because it is latest version of php.
> Now you have to address your $a like $_GET["a"]
> or set register_globals to ON in php.ini

> --
> --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Fri, 03 Jun 2005 05:33:12 GMT
 Problem with apache and php

Hi,

We are building a turnkey solution, and the web server (and our application)
will be located at the customer premises.

Is there a way to deliver a PHP-based web application without revealing
the source code to the customer?

This probably goes against the open source spirit of PHP, but there
are commercial realities we have to deal with.

Thanks for any help.

-fds

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:14:26 GMT
 Problem with apache and php

Quote:
> Is there a way to deliver a PHP-based web application without revealing
> the source code to the customer?

> This probably goes against the open source spirit of PHP, but there
> are commercial realities we have to deal with.

Zend Encoder : http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-encoder.php,
Zend SafeGuard : http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-safeguard-suite.php

Philippe

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:52:44 GMT
 Problem with apache and php
On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:52:44 +0100, "Philippe Saladin"

Quote:

>> Is there a way to deliver a PHP-based web application without revealing
>> the source code to the customer?

>> This probably goes against the open source spirit of PHP, but there
>> are commercial realities we have to deal with.

>Zend Encoder : http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-encoder.php,
>Zend SafeGuard : http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-safeguard-suite.php

>Philippe

Or you could use Ioncube Encoder: http://www.ioncube.com/encoder/
It's cheaper too :-)

- allan savolainen

Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:22:31 GMT
 Problem with apache and php

Quote:

>>Zend Encoder : http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-encoder.php,
>>Zend SafeGuard : http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-safeguard-suite.php

>>Philippe

> Or you could use Ioncube Encoder: http://www.ioncube.com/encoder/
> It's cheaper too :-)

The Zend Safeguard Suite has an advantage, in that you can 'license'
your apps with license files.  This will allow you to time limit your
apps, or lock them to a particular IP, or to limit/prevent access to
certain parts of your app.  It's pricey, but definitely the only
game in town right now if you want/need to go that route.

Michael Kimsal
http://www.tapinternet.com/php
PHP training courses
734-480-9961

Wed, 08 Jun 2005 22:07:23 GMT
 Problem with apache and php
On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:07:23 -0500, michael kimsal

Quote:

>The Zend Safeguard Suite has an advantage, in that you can 'license'
>your apps with license files.  This will allow you to time limit your
>apps, or lock them to a particular IP, or to limit/prevent access to
>certain parts of your app.  It's pricey, but definitely the only
>game in town right now if you want/need to go that route.

hmm, just wondering.. if you "crypt" your PHP code with Zend Encoder
or similar, then why do you need this "license" system.. You could
limit the IP address or time simple by putting the some additional
code. But then again, I haven't used this safeguard suite and
therefore don't really know how it works.

- allan savolainen

Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:18:17 GMT
 Problem with apache and php
Quote:

> On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:07:23 -0500, michael kimsal

>>The Zend Safeguard Suite has an advantage, in that you can 'license'
>>your apps with license files.  This will allow you to time limit your
>>apps, or lock them to a particular IP, or to limit/prevent access to
>>certain parts of your app.  It's pricey, but definitely the only
>>game in town right now if you want/need to go that route.

> hmm, just wondering.. if you "crypt" your PHP code with Zend Encoder
> or similar, then why do you need this "license" system.. You could
> limit the IP address or time simple by putting the some additional
> code. But then again, I haven't used this safeguard suite and
> therefore don't really know how it works.

Well, it would mean that you don't have to write that type of code,
first off.  Furthermore, there's an 'extra' feature - poorly explained,
imo.  A 'zend host ID' - run 'zendhost' on a PHP host with the Zend
Optimizer .so on it, and you'll get a unique ID.  You can lock down to
this instead of IP, or in addition to, I think.

If you were starting from scratch, yeah, you might want to build in an
IP limiting thing, and trust you could prevent someone from meddling
with the Zend system to bypass that.  However, if you've already got
apps done or nearly done, it's fairly tedious to go back and 'patch' the
app so it's limited to an IP range.  Well, given how most people write
PHP it's a tedious task, anyway.  :)

An additional benefit is the idea of 'license files' themselves, hooking
into the Zend engine.  Well, it's sort of a benefit, depending on how
you look at it.  Basically, you can 'upgrade' or 'unlock' certain
features of your system simply by sending a new license file.  You don't
have to send new code, nor do you need to write your own 'encoder' piece
to try to 'encrypt' data in a license file - it's done for you.

Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:57:34 GMT
 Problem with apache and php

Quote:

> > Or you could use Ioncube Encoder: http://www.ioncube.com/encoder/
> > It's cheaper too :-)

> The Zend Safeguard Suite has an advantage, in that you can 'license'
> your apps with license files.  This will allow you to time limit your
> apps, or lock them to a particular IP, or to limit/prevent access to
> certain parts of your app.  It's pricey, but definitely the only
> game in town right now if you want/need to go that route.

For many it's probably worth waiting for the ionCube License Manager.
This will be hitting the market at under $1000 for the combined
encoder and license manager, and be offering a more general and richer
licensing model than any current alternatives. Featuring a secure API
in the Loader, license request generator, and other goodies.

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:32:55 GMT
 Problem with apache and php

Quote:

>>>Or you could use Ioncube Encoder: http://www.ioncube.com/encoder/
>>>It's cheaper too :-)

>>The Zend Safeguard Suite has an advantage, in that you can 'license'
>>your apps with license files.  This will allow you to time limit your
>>apps, or lock them to a particular IP, or to limit/prevent access to
>>certain parts of your app.  It's pricey, but definitely the only
>>game in town right now if you want/need to go that route.

> For many it's probably worth waiting for the ionCube License Manager.
> This will be hitting the market at under $1000 for the combined
> encoder and license manager, and be offering a more general and richer
> licensing model than any current alternatives. Featuring a secure API
> in the Loader, license request generator, and other goodies.

Sounds good.  There's always room for competing products, just
some people need/want to be on the 'bleeding edge' or simply to 'do that
first'.  Good luck with the LM product.

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:19:20 GMT

1. Problem with Apache and PHP

2. Apache + PHP not processing php

3. php is not interpreted (apache 2.0.43, php 4.3.0, linux)

4. Apache and PHP upload problems

5. php apache linux Problem............

6. php upload apache problem

7. Problem compiling PHP 4.3.1 with UnixWare 7.1.3, APACHE 1.3.27, Mysql 3.23.55

8. PHP 4.1.2 on apache 1.3.23, on RedHat 7.3 - weird problem with LoadModule php4_module

9. COOKIE Problem (Apache/Php)

10. Problems running php from cgi program w/ apache 1.3

11. Problems running PHP as an Apache module under Win2K