Anyway to get the server ip address not the browser ip address
Author Message
 Anyway to get the server ip address not the browser ip address

Hi,
 Is it possible to get the ip address of the server that is calling a
script on another machine. I wish the script to only take calls from one
server. I am not after the ipaddress coming from the browser.
($ip =$REMOTE_ADDR )

Cheers
Roger

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:35:34 GMT
 Anyway to get the server ip address not the browser ip address

Quote:
>  Is it possible to get the ip address of the server that is calling a
> script on another machine. I wish the script to only take calls from one
> server. I am not after the ipaddress coming from the browser.
> ($ip =$REMOTE_ADDR )

What? Your post is confusing, please clarify it. If you want the IP of
whatever client requested the page, then $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] is the
right one. A server doing a HTTP is also a client. You may need to check
$_SERVER["HTTP_CLIENT_IP"] too if the server's behind a proxy.

KAH

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 20:33:45 GMT

1. Getting ip address and browser info

2. Getting the IP Address within RB

3. getting current ip-address

4. Winsock Woes - Getting IP Address

5. Getting Client's IP Address

6. Getting the dynamic IP address of a dialup interface (ppp0)

7. getting the IP address of the local machine

8. Getting local IP address...

9. getting clients ip address

10. Smalltalk Win95 / NT Getting IP address

11. How to get IP address of client from server

12. IP address