New mysql user can't connect
Author Message
 New mysql user can't connect

The new mysql user I created can't connect and I'm wondering if someone can
tell me where I've gone wrong.

I created the user like this:

grant select, insert, delete, update on database.* to artuser identified by
'pw';

Now when I do a

select * from mysql.host;

I see that the user is created and has the correct privledges but when I try
to log in as that user I get:

When I try to login as root I'm fine..

Any ideas?

TIA!

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 02:52:53 GMT
 New mysql user can't connect

Quote:
> The new mysql user I created can't connect and I'm wondering if someone can
> tell me where I've gone wrong.

> I created the user like this:

> grant select, insert, delete, update on database.* to artuser identified by
> 'pw';

> Now when I do a

> select * from mysql.host;

> I see that the user is created and has the correct privledges but when I try
> to log in as that user I get:

> When I try to login as root I'm fine..

If you didn't do this already, you could try this:

mysql> flush privileges;

JP

--

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:02:12 GMT
 New mysql user can't connect

Quote:

>>The new mysql user I created can't connect and I'm wondering if someone can
>>tell me where I've gone wrong.

>>I created the user like this:

>>grant select, insert, delete, update on database.* to artuser identified by
>>'pw';

>>Now when I do a

>>select * from mysql.host;

>>I see that the user is created and has the correct privledges but when I try
>>to log in as that user I get:

>>When I try to login as root I'm fine..

> If you didn't do this already, you could try this:

> mysql> flush privileges;

> JP

else try:

identified by 'pw' with grant option;

Of course, this assumes that they connect only from that machine. If you

--

PHP POSTERS: Please use comp.lang.php for PHP related questions,
              alt.php* groups are not recommended.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:08:16 GMT
 New mysql user can't connect

That's not the way it does it in my book..

Ray

Quote:

> >>The new mysql user I created can't connect and I'm wondering if someone
can
> >>tell me where I've gone wrong.

> >>I created the user like this:

> >>grant select, insert, delete, update on database.* to artuser identified
by
> >>'pw';

> >>Now when I do a

> >>select * from mysql.host;

> >>I see that the user is created and has the correct privledges but when I
try
> >>to log in as that user I get:

> >>When I try to login as root I'm fine..

> > If you didn't do this already, you could try this:

> > mysql> flush privileges;

> > JP

> else try:

> identified by 'pw' with grant option;

> Of course, this assumes that they connect only from that machine. If you

> --

> PHP POSTERS: Please use comp.lang.php for PHP related questions,
>               alt.php* groups are not recommended.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:26:36 GMT

1. Php 4.2.3 with Apache 2 don't connect with Mysql

2. PHP can't connect to MySQL server

4. It's not bad canned meat...

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. It's not bad canned meat...

7. It's not bad canned meat...

8. New 'old' forth user

9. MySQL-Connect ?

10. Jobs at it's best on new user group - Vitria

11. **New Jersey Smalltalk Users' Group Meeting Announcement

12. New CW user Group in Egroup's