Apache + PHP not processing php 
Author Message
 Apache + PHP not processing php

Hi,

I did a install of RH7.2, and installed apache + php at that time.
Once installed, I checked the httpd.conf file and made sure that
things were not commented out.  My problem is that apache doesn't seem
to be sendiing the file to PHP for processing.  Apache treats the file
as a simple html, displaying blank page.  

 I assumed if apache/php was installed during the initial RH setup
that it would work with no problem.

Someone here suggested that I un-install the rpms and
download/compile/install apache and php.  I wanted to check to insure
that there isn't something else I am missing before I do this step.

thanks for any help.

Robert  



Sat, 02 Jul 2005 04:37:42 GMT  
 Apache + PHP not processing php

Quote:

> I did a install of RH7.2, and installed apache + php at that time.
> Once installed, I checked the httpd.conf file and made sure that
> things were not commented out.  My problem is that apache doesn't
> seem to be sendiing the file to PHP for processing.  Apache treats
> the file as a simple html, displaying blank page.  Someone here
> suggested that I un-install the rpms and download/compile/install
> apache and php.

Compiling php is not that hard, the problem is getting all the
php-modules included. Anyway, before you do that I suggest that you
follow these instructions:
http://se.php.net/manual/en/install.apache.php (point 14 in the gray
area)  and make sure that you have mime-types corretly set up.


Sat, 02 Jul 2005 07:44:19 GMT  
 Apache + PHP not processing php

Quote:
> My problem is that apache doesn't seem
> to be sendiing the file to PHP for processing.  Apache treats the file
> as a simple html, displaying blank page.

If Apache would treat the files as plain-html, you should be able to see
the code with the view-source command. And besides this, most probably
some parts of the code would be visible in the browser itself.

However, if these pages are really blank, the problem is somewhere else.
Have you checked the situation with some very basic php-code?

- Hannu



Sat, 02 Jul 2005 16:54:30 GMT  
 Apache + PHP not processing php
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:54:30 +0200, "Hannu Kauppinen"

Quote:

>> My problem is that apache doesn't seem
>> to be sendiing the file to PHP for processing.  Apache treats the file
>> as a simple html, displaying blank page.

>If Apache would treat the files as plain-html, you should be able to see
>the code with the view-source command. And besides this, most probably
>some parts of the code would be visible in the browser itself.

>However, if these pages are really blank, the problem is somewhere else.
>Have you checked the situation with some very basic php-code?

>- Hannu

Yes the page is blank.  The title appears, so I know it is being read
by apache.  The source does show up when veiwing source.  The code I
used is below.

<html>
 <head>
  <title>PHP Test</title>
 </head>
 <body>
 <?php echo "Hello World<p>"; ?>
 </body>
</html>

I think I will just uninstall rpms and install manually.  It looked to
me that all of the conf entries were correct, but I am blowing more
time troubleshooting than I would would just installing manually.  At
least I hope :0



Sun, 03 Jul 2005 00:32:07 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. php is not interpreted (apache 2.0.43, php 4.3.0, linux)

2. Help: PHP works with .php but not .html

3. UTF8 php files are not interpreted by PHP ! :-(

4. Value entered in form is not processed by PHP script

5. php not processing

6. php/apache failing to find phpinfo

7. How to enable php on apache?

8. Apache Error with PHP

9. A question about PHP/Apache setup

10. Looking for development package for Apache/PHP/MySQL

11. HELP needed to configure PHP with Apache in WinXP

12. Apache and PHP upload problems

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software