clear post data
Author Message
 clear post data

Hi,

I have a page that contains a form which is used to update the database.
It posts to itself and everything is fine except one thing. After the
post is complete, if the user hit's "refresh", they get the message "The
page cannot be refreshed without resending the information".

I'd like to be able to clear the post data after I've processed the
data. How do I do that? I only want data pasted when the user hit's the
"submit" button. Did I design this poorly?

thanks,
gary

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 04:18:12 GMT
 clear post data

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have a page that contains a form which is used to update the database.
> It posts to itself and everything is fine except one thing. After the
> post is complete, if the user hit's "refresh", they get the message "The
> page cannot be refreshed without resending the information".

> I'd like to be able to clear the post data after I've processed the
> data. How do I do that? I only want data pasted when the user hit's
> the "submit" button. Did I design this poorly?

There is no way to "clear" the browsers memory, but a quick way to get
around this problem is to redirect the browser to another page (or the
same page for that matter). Use

header("Location: http://www.example.com/");

Btw, I generally create at least three scripts when dealing with
databases. One edit.php which contains the <form>, one save.php which
performs the <form>'s action and then uses header() to redirect to
details.php (or list.php) which shows data from the database.

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:13:36 GMT

1. Form posting problem and post data issue

2. 2nd Posting - Problem with Global data in Data Dictionary

3. Test Post <Clearing The Air>

4. How to clear the event list POSTED

5. Is there any way to clear the memory used by tables and graph data

6. Bug: bitmap -data bits that don't intersect a -maskdata bit are drawn clear

7. Clearing data

8. dde execute doesn't clear data after error

9. Clipper 5.3 @..CLEAR and CLEAR problem!

10. coding a data range (second post attempt)

11. ***Data buffering question. Long post, lots of questions

12. Re-Posting How can I store Data ?