cache/querystring
Author Message
 cache/querystring

Would pages with different querystrings be cached separately?

ie. would I need a no-cache header to ensure that index.php?a=1 appears
different from index.php?a=2

TIA

Sun, 22 May 2005 16:07:16 GMT
 cache/querystring

Quote:
> Would pages with different querystrings be cached separately?

> ie. would I need a no-cache header to ensure that index.php?a=1 appears
> different from index.php?a=2

> TIA

Nope. The querystring is part of the URL and is cached as a new page. Yahoo
sets a random number to a useless variable in the url as a guarantee that
when you check your email it won't be a cached page.

-Adam

Sun, 22 May 2005 18:20:38 GMT

1. Why does querystring stay around?

2. New to PHP - Testing QueryString Variable Question

3. Testing for QueryString variable existence

4. Submitting a Form with Querystring as action

5. How to disect QueryString with AOLServer/TCL

6. URLMonLibrary and the Internet cache

7. Creating External Bitmap from cached image in VW

8. HELP!! NEED A CACHE SIMULATOR A.S.A.P

9. Caching objects - Best Practice Pattern?

10. Cache database...

11. Lens-Cache delivers wrong datatypes in attributes

12. Locking the share page cache in GS