SOAP
Author Message
 SOAP

Hi,

I want to use SOAP with PHP. What toolkit is recomended? I need to use
data structures, so this should be supported!

mfg
alex

Sat, 21 May 2005 19:04:33 GMT
 SOAP

Quote:
> I want to use SOAP with PHP. What toolkit is recomended? I need to use
> data structures, so this should be supported!

I have heard good things about nuSOAP
http://dietrich.ganx4.com/nusoap/index.php

regards,
reggie.

Sun, 22 May 2005 01:43:57 GMT
 SOAP

Quote:

> I want to use SOAP with PHP. What toolkit is recomended? I need to use
> data structures, so this should be supported!

I am not sure what you mean by "data structures", but I have had
pretty good luck using nuSOAP:

http://dietrich.ganx4.com/nusoap/

Cheers,
NC

Sun, 22 May 2005 08:23:10 GMT
 SOAP
Maybe data structure was not the correct term.

What I mean by that is that I do not want single parameters given to the
function, but an object. The parameters are the members of the object.

mfg
alex

Quote:

>>I want to use SOAP with PHP. What toolkit is recomended? I need to use
>>data structures, so this should be supported!

> I am not sure what you mean by "data structures", but I have had
> pretty good luck using nuSOAP:

> http://dietrich.ganx4.com/nusoap/

> Cheers,
> NC

Sun, 22 May 2005 21:29:15 GMT
 SOAP

Quote:

> Maybe data structure was not the correct term.

Well, in C, a structure is an equivalent of PHP's associative array.

Quote:
> What I mean by that is that I do not want single parameters given to the
> function, but an object. The parameters are the members of the object.

Not going to work.  You can pass any number of parameters (data fields),
but you can't pass an object, because an object would include functions
in addition to data fields, and you can't pass a function over SOAP...

Cheers,
NC

Mon, 23 May 2005 09:59:36 GMT
 SOAP

Quote:

> > Maybe data structure was not the correct term.

> Well, in C, a structure is an equivalent of PHP's associative array.

> > What I mean by that is that I do not want single parameters given to the
> > function, but an object. The parameters are the members of the object.

> Not going to work.  You can pass any number of parameters (data fields),
> but you can't pass an object, because an object would include functions
> in addition to data fields, and you can't pass a function over SOAP...

> Cheers,
> NC

Couldn't you pass a function reference (if you knew the interfaces, perhaps
you could send a function name, etc) or an object type id, and the server
could determine the object type and work correctly?  I've just started
looking into soap, so that could be wrong, but I'd love to learn if I'm
wrong!

Thu, 26 May 2005 01:02:17 GMT
 SOAP

Quote:

> > You can pass any number of parameters (data fields), but you
> > can't pass an object, because an object would include functions
> > in addition to data fields, and you can't pass a function over
> > SOAP...

> Couldn't you pass a function reference (if you knew the interfaces, perhaps
> you could send a function name, etc) or an object type id, and the server
> could determine the object type and work correctly?  I've just started
> looking into soap, so that could be wrong, but I'd love to learn if I'm
> wrong!

A SOAP client can call a certain function that the provider has
available, but it can't possibly pass anything executable (such
as its own function, whether by reference or as a part of an object)
to the provider.  First, it would be technically impossible, as the
client and the provider are most likely written in different
languages and/or run on different operating systems (if they
weren't, the Web service wouldn't be necessary, because then
everything could be done natively by OS- or language-dependent
means); in other words, the internal representation of the
function at the client side is not required to make any sense
to the provider.  Second, even if it were possible, it would
present enormous security risks to the provider.

Cheers,
NC

Thu, 26 May 2005 07:10:29 GMT

1. Q: VW7: anyone get Amazon SOAP working? Google SOAP API works great

2. Microsoft SOAP not compatible with PythonWare's SOAP?

3. SOAP

4. ANN: [DOL] Splash Soap client beta

5. Smalltalk Implementation for SOAP

6. Need help/info on SOAP...

7. AppleEvents for XML-RPC & SOAP

8. Opentalk and SOAP

9. SOAP

10. SMS Text Messaging SOAP/Web Service

11. SOAP/XML Web Services searching

12. SOAP reference implementation link broken...