How to compile OpenSSL support?
Author Message
 How to compile OpenSSL support?

Quote:

> Hi,

> I just upgraded to PHP 4.3 and I'm trying to take advantage of the ability
> to open SSL sessions via fsockopen(). PHP gives me this error:

> Warning: fsockopen() [ http://www.*-*-*.com/ ]: unable to
> connect to target-domain-here.com:443

> The manual page for fsockopen() says:

> "As of PHP 4.3.0, if you have compiled in OpenSSL support, you may prefix
> the hostname with either 'ssl://' or 'tls://' to use an SSL or TLS client
> connection over TCP/IP to connect to the remote host."

> However, on the complete list of configure options in the manual, I see no
> flag for OpenSSL support.

> What is the proper way to go about this?

Port 443 is the SSL port.  So perhaps SSL support /is/ in there but the port
is turned off.  "PhpInfo()" will tell you if the system was compiled
"--WITH-SSL."

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 00:04:32 GMT

1. Question about compiling python with openSSL support

2. Problem compiling mysql-ruby support

3. Compiling Ruby with cygwin and Tk support

4. Problem compiling in MySQL support

5. Compiling python 2.2 with history command line support

6. how to compile https support into Python2.0

7. NetBSD 1.4.2/sparc won't compile Python w/thread support from ports collection

8. compiling with SSL support on Windows

9. compiling itcl with threads support

10. checking if tcl aws compiled with thread support

11. Q: Problem to compile Tcl 8.4.3 Solrais 8 with 64 bit support

12. Support of extensions, compiled without stubs-library