Configuring PHP 4.0 for Oracle 8i on Win NT 4.0?
Author Message
 Configuring PHP 4.0 for Oracle 8i on Win NT 4.0?

Quote:

> Can anyone help me with the following question? I have Oracle 8i installed
> on Win NT 4.0. Also have PHP 4 installed and am using Apache 1.3.14 <Win32>.
> How do I configure PHP to connect with Oracle? I want to start working with
> PHP to create pages to input and retrieve data from Oracle, and I believe
> there are certain configuration parameters which need to be handled with PHP
> for it to interface with Oracle. Does anyone know how I should go about
> doing that? Need definitive instructions, not directions from people that I
> should check the PHP manual, because obviously I've already done that along
> with hours of web surfing trying to find step by step instructions, some of
> which I found, and none of which worked since I am still get error messages
> when I try to connect to Oracle with a PHP connection string.

maybe you should ask in a php-group because this is a php related problem.

x-post and f'up2comp.lang.php

--
mac

real email-adress: mac clondiag com

Fri, 20 May 2005 15:11:23 GMT
 Configuring PHP 4.0 for Oracle 8i on Win NT 4.0?

Quote:

>> Can anyone help me with the following question? I have Oracle 8i
>> installed on Win NT 4.0. Also have PHP 4 installed and am using Apache
>> 1.3.14 <Win32>. How do I configure PHP to connect with Oracle? I want to
>> start working with PHP to create pages to input and retrieve data from
>> Oracle, and I believe there are certain configuration parameters which
>> need to be handled with PHP for it to interface with Oracle. Does anyone
>> know how I should go about doing that? Need definitive instructions, not
>> directions from people that I should check the PHP manual, because
>> obviously I've already done that along with hours of web surfing trying
>> to find step by step instructions, some of which I found, and none of
>> which worked since I am still get error messages when I try to connect to
>> Oracle with a PHP connection string.

You might look at your php.ini file. Under "Dynamic Extensions" I believe
you want the "php_oci8.dll" enabled.

a) I haven't tried using oracle extensions.
b) I haven't tried using the dl extensions with apache on windows, only IIS.

If you need help, let me know and I'll tinker around with it.

Best,

--
Waitman Gobble         EMK Design     Buena Park, California

Public Key                          http://pgp.emkdesign.com
Find an example                    http://freakinexample.com

Sat, 21 May 2005 08:03:38 GMT

1. Configuring PHP 4.0 for Oracle 8i on Win NT 4.0

2. Configuring PHP 4.0 for Oracle 8i on Win NT 4.0?

3. VF 4.0 on Win NT 4.0...

4. 4.0 Executing only one runtime image in NT 4.0

5. Fuji-Cobol V 4.0 and NT 4.0

6. PowerStation 4.0 and NT 4.0 SP3

7. GetVolumeInformation and MS FORTRAN PS 4.0 on NT 4.0

8. NT 4.0 and Fortran Powerstation 4.0

9. Powerstation 4.0 and Windows NT 4.0

10. Oracle 7.3 and Windows NT 4.0

11. DIRECTORY function won't work under NT Server 4.0

12. Evaluation examples under WIN NT 4.0