Basic Problem in installing PHP, 
Author Message
 Basic Problem in installing PHP,

Hi..
I am using Windows XP, Apache 2.0.43 and PHP 4.2.3 I did the following

1) I first installed Apache
It worked properly as I got the initial web page when i typed
http://localhost:8080 in IE.

2) Then I unzipped the PHP zip file in a directory C:\php4 and copied the
php4ts.dll file in C:\windows\system32

3) I then edited httpd.conf in the apache directory and added the
following lines

ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/php4"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
Action application/x-httpd-php /php4/php.exe
I created a small php test file phpinfo.php

Then i started the apache server again and type
http://localhost/phpinfo.php

I got the message file not found. Am I missing some steps. I tried to find
installation tutorial on php.net but it was not of much help.

Thanks for any help,

-Nachiket



Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:35:47 GMT  
 Basic Problem in installing PHP,
I never recommend anyone ever install PHP like that. Copy the
php4apache2.dll into the modules directory of Apache and use the following
statement to load it into Apache:

LoadModule php4_module c:/path/to/apache/modules/php4apache2.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

That should get you set up. You'll also find that PHP runs faster in that
configuration than it does as an aliased binary.

Hope this helps.

Bob


Quote:

> Hi..
> I am using Windows XP, Apache 2.0.43 and PHP 4.2.3 I did the following

> 1) I first installed Apache
> It worked properly as I got the initial web page when i typed
> http://localhost:8080 in IE.

> 2) Then I unzipped the PHP zip file in a directory C:\php4 and copied the
> php4ts.dll file in C:\windows\system32

> 3) I then edited httpd.conf in the apache directory and added the
> following lines

> ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/php4"
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
> Action application/x-httpd-php /php4/php.exe
> I created a small php test file phpinfo.php

> Then i started the apache server again and type
> http://localhost/phpinfo.php

> I got the message file not found. Am I missing some steps. I tried to find
> installation tutorial on php.net but it was not of much help.

> Thanks for any help,

> -Nachiket



Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:15:32 GMT  
 Basic Problem in installing PHP,

Quote:

> I am using Windows XP, Apache 2.0.43 and PHP 4.2.3 I did the following

> 1) I first installed Apache. It worked properly ...

> 2) I unzipped the PHP zip file in a directory C:\php4 and copied
> the php4ts.dll file in C:\windows\system32

> 3) I edited httpd.conf in the apache directory and added
>     ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/php4"
>     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
>     Action application/x-httpd-php /php4/php.exe

I added these lines to httpd.conf, see below.
Only the third one matches yours. (The fourth one is probably not
necessary.)
But I think the first one is critical.

All of this was taken straight from the text book:
PHP fast & easy web development by Julie C. Meloni, Premier Press

1     LoadModule php4_module C:/apps/php/sapi/php4apache.dll

2     AddModule mod_php4.c

3     AddType application/x-httpd-php        .phtml .php

 4    AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps



Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:21:11 GMT  
 Basic Problem in installing PHP,
The load moodule line is giving me a problem the apache windows starts and
then closes immediately. If i comment out this line then atleast apache
works.

Nachiket P. Shiralkar

Quote:

> > I am using Windows XP, Apache 2.0.43 and PHP 4.2.3 I did the following

> > 1) I first installed Apache. It worked properly ...

> > 2) I unzipped the PHP zip file in a directory C:\php4 and copied
> > the php4ts.dll file in C:\windows\system32

> > 3) I edited httpd.conf in the apache directory and added
> >     ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/php4"
> >     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
> >     Action application/x-httpd-php /php4/php.exe

> I added these lines to httpd.conf, see below.
> Only the third one matches yours. (The fourth one is probably not
> necessary.)
> But I think the first one is critical.

> All of this was taken straight from the text book:
> PHP fast & easy web development by Julie C. Meloni, Premier Press

> 1     LoadModule php4_module C:/apps/php/sapi/php4apache.dll

> 2     AddModule mod_php4.c

> 3     AddType application/x-httpd-php        .phtml .php

>  4    AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps



Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:00:54 GMT  
 Basic Problem in installing PHP,
Sounds to me like a path/permissions error.

Are you using php4apache.dll or php4apache2.dll? php4apache.dll is not
designed for Apache 2 (hence the php4apache2.dll file).

Bob


Quote:
> The load moodule line is giving me a problem the apache windows starts and
> then closes immediately. If i comment out this line then atleast apache
> works.

> Nachiket P. Shiralkar


> > > I am using Windows XP, Apache 2.0.43 and PHP 4.2.3 I did the following

> > > 1) I first installed Apache. It worked properly ...

> > > 2) I unzipped the PHP zip file in a directory C:\php4 and copied
> > > the php4ts.dll file in C:\windows\system32

> > > 3) I edited httpd.conf in the apache directory and added
> > >     ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/php4"
> > >     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
> > >     Action application/x-httpd-php /php4/php.exe

> > I added these lines to httpd.conf, see below.
> > Only the third one matches yours. (The fourth one is probably not
> > necessary.)
> > But I think the first one is critical.

> > All of this was taken straight from the text book:
> > PHP fast & easy web development by Julie C. Meloni, Premier Press

> > 1     LoadModule php4_module C:/apps/php/sapi/php4apache.dll

> > 2     AddModule mod_php4.c

> > 3     AddType application/x-httpd-php        .phtml .php

> >  4    AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps



Fri, 29 Apr 2005 05:56:44 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Novice PHP User: Very basic problem with IIS

2. install PHP 4.2 and PHP 4.3 on the same host

3. problems with php on debian after qpopper install

4. php install problem - probably to do with session/cookie storage, or IIS authentication

5. PHP GD install problem

6. PHP/Apache/XP Install Problems

7. TCL/PHP problem involving a PHP function that has to utilize a TCL proc

8. basic php

9. Basic PHP, please help.

10. PHP Install error: postgres.h not found

11. Ready to screem: Installing PHP 4.2.3 on MDK8.2

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software