why is imap_open not working for a login check?
Author Message
 why is imap_open not working for a login check?

According to the php manual, imap_open will Return an IMAP stream on
success and FALSE on error. Is there a function I can put around
imap_open to return true if there is a stream or return false if ther
eis no stream?  I dont want to store the password anywhere on the
system, so I want to test it by checking if I get an imap stream or
not..  Here is the code I wrote, it will work if there is a way I can
return true or false whether there is a stream. thanks:
if(imap_open($IMAP_SERVER,$username,$password))
      return true;
Quote:
}else{

      $alerts = imap_alerts();
      $errors = imap_errors();
      $x = count($alerts);
      $y = count($errors);
      if($x > 0){
         for($i=0;$i<$x;$i++){
           echo $alerts[$x] ."<br>";
         }
       }
      if($y > 0){
        for($i=0;$i<$y;$i++){
          echo $errors[$y] ."<br>";
         }
       }
      return false;}
  }else{
    return false;
  }

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:00:49 GMT

1. Why I am not enthusiatic about OO COBOL

2. Why I am not reaching callbacks ?

3. Tk toolkit: Grab command not working with check button

4. Auto complete and outlook spell check not working

5. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

6. I am looking for a VI that login and logout users to a main VI.

7. Why drawinto not working with Windows?

8. Why does it work sometimes but not always?

9. Why does this tiny program NOT work??!?

10. why my printer does not work?

11. Why is developer exchange not working for me?

12. Why does this Query not work