where to find php 4.2.3 for redhat 8.0 
Author Message
 where to find php 4.2.3 for redhat 8.0

I nned to upgrade php 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 on redhat 8.0. Where can I find it. I
look on rpmfind and redhat 8.0 only has 4.2.2 avaiable

thanks



Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:48:54 GMT  
 where to find php 4.2.3 for redhat 8.0

Quote:
> I nned to upgrade php 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 on redhat 8.0. Where can I find it. I
> look on rpmfind and redhat 8.0 only has 4.2.2 avaiable

> thanks

www.php.net
just compile from source....


Tue, 26 Apr 2005 05:08:48 GMT  
 where to find php 4.2.3 for redhat 8.0
man thats a pain in the butt. any steps on how to do it? I current install
all redhat software with rpm.

this is what I have

httpd-2.0.40-8 rpm

php-4.2.2-8.0.5
php-mysql-4.2.2-8.0.5

mysql-3.23.52-3

they are all rpms. how do I upgrade just php to 4.2.3 from the source?


Quote:

> > I nned to upgrade php 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 on redhat 8.0. Where can I find it.
I
> > look on rpmfind and redhat 8.0 only has 4.2.2 avaiable

> > thanks

> www.php.net
> just compile from source....



Tue, 26 Apr 2005 05:23:15 GMT  
 where to find php 4.2.3 for redhat 8.0


Quote:
> they are all rpms. how do I upgrade just php to 4.2.3 from the source?

Download the source package, follow the instructions in README/INSTALL and
you're set. The configure and make scripts will handle everything for you.

KAH



Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:19:01 GMT  
 where to find php 4.2.3 for redhat 8.0

Quote:

> they are all rpms. how do I upgrade just php to 4.2.3 from the source?

You don't.

This guy http://rpms.arvin.dk/php/rh72/ has packages up, but it's still
4.2.2.  Perhaps subscribe to his list and you'll know when he's got
4.2.3.  Better yet, perhaps send him some cash to help speed the process
along.

RedHat doesn't package every new version of PHP up just because it's
there.  You may have better luck with Mandrake in that regard - I think
they keep a bit more current.

Michael Kimsal
http://www.phpappserver.com
734-480-9961



Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:06:04 GMT  
 where to find php 4.2.3 for redhat 8.0


Quote:
> man thats a pain in the butt. any steps on how to do it? I current install
> all redhat software with rpm.

It's not difficult, it only takes a little time to do it right.
Many info on how to do this is at http://www.php.net

On the other hand, is the update really necessary? It is if you want
security fixes and minor bugfixes... but the 4.3 version of php will be more
innovative I think .. and that's when RH will create a new rpm.

Quote:
> this is what I have

> httpd-2.0.40-8 rpm

> php-4.2.2-8.0.5
> php-mysql-4.2.2-8.0.5

> mysql-3.23.52-3

> they are all rpms. how do I upgrade just php to 4.2.3 from the source?




> > > I nned to upgrade php 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 on redhat 8.0. Where can I find
it.
> I
> > > look on rpmfind and redhat 8.0 only has 4.2.2 avaiable

> > > thanks

> > www.php.net
> > just compile from source....



Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:23:59 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Redhat 8.0 PHP an dconfigure utility

2. Solution - Apache, Redhat 8.0, PHP & MySQL

3. Apache, Redhat 8.0, PHP & MySQL

4. PHP 4.3 on Redhat Linux 8.0 fails to compile

5. New PHP 4.2.2 under RedHat 8.0 -- file uploading broken (sort of)

6. PHP 4.2.2 under RedHat 8.0 -- file uploading broken

7. Bug Found in Tcl 8.0/Tk 8.0

8. RedHat 8.0 - VisualWorks out of memory

9. Harbour RPM quick installation RPM for RedHat 8.0

10. Installing Labview on Linux Redhat 8.0

11. Trouble with LV 6.1 on Linux using Comedi with RedHat 8.0

12. LabVIEW 6i problems on RedHat 8.0

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software