NT and network drives
Author Message
 NT and network drives

Hi,

I have to run a perl script each day at 6
a.m.on an NT
machine, so I thought I would use the NT
scheduler or
the Norton scheduler.

Now the script works fine from a DOS prompt,
i.e. it sees the network drive P:.

But whenever I run the script from the
scheduler,
and even though I first reconnect to the P:
drive and can
issue successfully
        DIR P: > C:\DIRP.TXT
the perl script does not see the P: drive!!!

I can be reached from 9 a.m. to 4:30 pm. at
212-638-0599, or by e-mail, of course. Thanks

--
Jean-Claude Chetrit        OPENetwork, Inc.
215 Berkeley Place         Voice:

    ____  ___  _____  __
__                  __
   / __ \/ _ \/ __/ |/ /__ / /__    _____
____/ /__
  / /_/ / ___/ _//    / -_) __/ |/|/ / _ \/
__/  '_/
  \____/_/  /___/_/|_/\__/\__/|__,__/\___/_/
/_/\_\

          Power Tools for Power Users

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 NT and network drives
On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:27:02 -0500,

[reformat]

Quote:
> I have to run a perl script each day at 6 a.m.on an NT machine, so I
> thought I would use the NT scheduler or the Norton scheduler.

> Now the script works fine from a DOS prompt, i.e. it sees the
> network drive P:.

Then there is no problem with the script. Is there?

Quote:
> But whenever I run the script from the scheduler, and even though I
> first reconnect to the P: drive and can issue successfully DIR P: >
> C:\DIRP.TXT the perl script does not see the P: drive!!!

Maybe you should ask on an NT group whether disk mappings are
available from within those tools. It's not inconceivable that they
aren't. But since the perl script works from the command line, there
is nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
> I can be reached from 9 a.m. to 4:30 pm. at 212-638-0599, or by
> e-mail, of course. Thanks

Sorry, I don't want to spend that much money on an International call
just to tell you that. Or maybe.. It's 4:55 pm here now.. 9 am to 4.30
pm? I wonder whether it would be worth giving you a call.. Or maybe
I'll wait until tomorrow morning 9 am :) NAw, you'll probably be in
bed, and won't thank me for it.

Sorry, but if you post here, you'll have to come back here to collect
the answers. If it's important enough to ask, it should be important
enough to read this group.

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen                      |
Interactive Media Division              | "In a world without fences,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 NT and network drives
If you are using AT command, pls check the scheduler service as
administrator startup.
I think P drive is your mapping drive, you need to add a command line
for connect to the share directory.
For example:
net use p: \\server_name\shared
dir p: >c:\dirp.txt
Quote:

> Hi,

> I have to run a perl script each day at 6
> a.m.on an NT
> machine, so I thought I would use the NT
> scheduler or
> the Norton scheduler.

> Now the script works fine from a DOS prompt,
> i.e. it sees the network drive P:.

> But whenever I run the script from the
> scheduler,
> and even though I first reconnect to the P:
> drive and can
> issue successfully
>         DIR P: > C:\DIRP.TXT
> the perl script does not see the P: drive!!!

> I can be reached from 9 a.m. to 4:30 pm. at
> 212-638-0599, or by e-mail, of course. Thanks

> --
> Jean-Claude Chetrit        OPENetwork, Inc.
> 215 Berkeley Place         Voice:
> 718-398-3838
> Brooklyn, NY 11217         Fax:
> 718-638-2240
> Home: 718-638-2266      e-mail:

>     ____  ___  _____  __
> __                  __
>    / __ \/ _ \/ __/ |/ /__ / /__    _____
> ____/ /__
>   / /_/ / ___/ _//    / -_) __/ |/|/ / _ \/
> __/  '_/
>   \____/_/  /___/_/|_/\__/\__/|__,__/\___/_/
> /_/\_\

>           Power Tools for Power Users

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 NT and network drives
You can use the Win32::Lanman module to connect to the share, and issue
your commands.  However, the problem may be with the permissions
associated
with the LocalSystem account.
Quote:

> Hi,

> I have to run a perl script each day at 6
> a.m.on an NT
> machine, so I thought I would use the NT
> scheduler or
> the Norton scheduler.

> Now the script works fine from a DOS prompt,
> i.e. it sees the network drive P:.

> But whenever I run the script from the
> scheduler,
> and even though I first reconnect to the P:
> drive and can
> issue successfully
>         DIR P: > C:\DIRP.TXT
> the perl script does not see the P: drive!!!

> I can be reached from 9 a.m. to 4:30 pm. at
> 212-638-0599, or by e-mail, of course. Thanks

> --
> Jean-Claude Chetrit        OPENetwork, Inc.
> 215 Berkeley Place         Voice:
> 718-398-3838
> Brooklyn, NY 11217         Fax:
> 718-638-2240
> Home: 718-638-2266      e-mail:

>     ____  ___  _____  __
> __                  __
>    / __ \/ _ \/ __/ |/ /__ / /__    _____
> ____/ /__
>   / /_/ / ___/ _//    / -_) __/ |/|/ / _ \/
> __/  '_/
>   \____/_/  /___/_/|_/\__/\__/|__,__/\___/_/
> /_/\_\

>           Power Tools for Power Users

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. NT Script, Accessing network drives under scheduler

2. perl, NT, IIS, can't get script to use network drive

3. Reading a networked drive

4. Perl, IIS, writing to network drives

5. Opening a network connected drive from dos w/ perl

6. using network drives-newbee question

7. open error on network drives

8. rename () makes files disappear on Win32 network drive?

9. PerlIS problem reading network drive

10. system() call won't work from network drive

11. ActivePerl from a network drive?

12. Problem with shared drive on NT