Time::Ctime and IO::File?
Author Message
 Time::Ctime and IO::File?

Looking for clues...

I was working on a script today, and determined that amongst the
variety of modules I needed, I would be using both Time::CTime
and IO::File.  I was writing my code very carefully, and am sure
that all variables were my'd and localized.

When I made my strftime call however, I was getting the following:

        (in cleanup) Not a GLOB reference at /devl/perl5/lib/FileHandle.pm line 255.
        Time::CTime::strftime called at make_ridlist line 37
        main::move_newpkg called at make_ridlist line 29

I had only coded one use of IO::File so far.  So I removed use
use of it from the script, and went back to good old-fashioned
open IN, etc....and everything worked fine.

Anyone used these modules together with success?

Clues?

Jeff

--

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Time::CTime.pm Time::JulianDate.pm

2. What time (zone) is it? (ctime.pl)

3. Using Time:CTime

4. File IO (Corrected reply address this time)

5. Fix for ioctl in IO::Handle (and IO::File)

6. IO::Socket, IO::Select, and buffered/unbuffered IO

7. Time out with perl Socket using IO::Socket

8. io::select and individual response times

9. IO::Socket doesn't time out

10. IO::Socket::Inet not timing out

11. time out for IO::Socket::accept()

12. Current time minus file's datestamp time