free GUI win32?
Author Message
 free GUI win32?

I have been told that there is a free GUI that can be downloaded for Perl on
Windows.  I have already installed the free ActiveState ActivePerl 5.8 msi
package.

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:39:35 GMT
 free GUI win32?

Quote:
> I have been told that there is a free GUI that can be downloaded for
> Perl on Windows.  I have already installed the free ActiveState
> ActivePerl 5.8 msi package.

I guess you mean an IDE, not a GUI... look here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
Buy {*filter*} on http://www.*-*-*.com/ !

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:58:49 GMT
 free GUI win32?
Dear Daniel -

Quote:
> I have been told that there is a free GUI that can be downloaded for
> Perl on Windows.  I have already installed the free ActiveState
> ActivePerl 5.8 msi package.

I'm not sure what a "GUI for perl" means, but I use XEmacs
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).  It's free and provides all the functionality
of a typical windows based IDE (i.e. multiple windows, mouse support,
pop-up menus, version control integration, built-in de{*filter*}...).

It's extremely powerful, so expect a steep learning curve.  If you're
looking for a drag-and-drool thing like Visual Basic, XEmacs isn't
that.

     Yours -      Billy

                          http://www.*-*-*.com/ :8080

          Lest we forget:

Good software development involves analyzing and automating the input
and output of the required business functionality.

                - William Goedicke

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:02:46 GMT
 free GUI win32?

Quote:

> I have been told that there is a free GUI that can be downloaded for
> Perl on Windows.  I have already installed the free ActiveState
> ActivePerl 5.8 msi package.

Well, Perl-TK comes to mind.
I'm sure there are others.

jue

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 06:35:55 GMT

1. win32::api and win32::gui

2. Using Tk or Win32::GUI in Win32

3. free GUI debugger for perl

4. Free GUI developer for Perl/Tk?

5. Anyone working a free Perl/Tk GUI builder?

6. get a free domain , free design , and free host

7. ANNOUNCE: Win32::GUI Beta (build 220)

8. win32::gui

9. Win32::GUI SetPixel question

10. New mailing list for Perl - Win32::GUI users

11. Win32::GUI hourglass arrow upon startup

12. Win32::GUI for reporting display windows apps?