subject header problem when sending mail (Net:smtp and sendmail)
Author Message
 subject header problem when sending mail (Net:smtp and sendmail)

I wrote a quick script to send the same email message to all our
customers. For awhile now I've been puzzled by subject line being
incorrectly interpreted in medium sized mailings. What happens is that
"Subject: " and "Content-type: " for most (not all) emails get moved to
the body of the message instead of being interpreted as headers.
Everything works fine for sending 10 messages at once, but things begin
to break down at about 150.
In the script I tried to use both the
- open sendmail (and print sendmail)
- and Net::smtp module
with similar results.
It'd seem to me that this would be a common problem, but I could not
find any information on it so far.

Thanks,
Paul

Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:39:12 GMT
 subject header problem when sending mail (Net:smtp and sendmail)
I'm using the Mail::Sender from CPAN

Below you see how to send a file

sub sendFile {
 my $sender;
 no strict "subs";
  ref ($sender = new Mail::Sender({from => $responsible ,smtp =>
'192.168.0.4'}))
  || &logga(*LO,__LINE__."$Mail::Sender::Error \n");
 (ref ( $sender->MailFile(
   {
    to =>$_[0], bcc=> $responsible, subject => "Web Monitor $_[1]",
       msg => "Information: $_[2]",
       file => "$report"
     }
        )
    )
  and print "Mail sent OK."
 )
 || &logga(*LO,__LINE__."$Mail::Sender::Error \n");

Quote:
}

check the docu.

br chri

Quote:
> I wrote a quick script to send the same email message to all our
> customers. For awhile now I've been puzzled by subject line being
> incorrectly interpreted in medium sized mailings. What happens is that
> "Subject: " and "Content-type: " for most (not all) emails get moved to
> the body of the message instead of being interpreted as headers.
> Everything works fine for sending 10 messages at once, but things begin
> to break down at about 150.
> In the script I tried to use both the
> - open sendmail (and print sendmail)
> - and Net::smtp module
> with similar results.
> It'd seem to me that this would be a common problem, but I could not
> find any information on it so far.

> Thanks,
> Paul

Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:46:34 GMT

1. Sending mail subject using Net::SMTP

2. Sending mail using sendmail or Net::SMTP

3. Cannot get authenticated to Yahoo's SMTP servers while sending mail using Net::SMTP

4. NET::SMTP Mail not sent- Queued mail for delivery

5. Sending mail with Net::SMTP

6. Sending formatted mail with NET::SMTP ????

7. Mail not sent with Net::SMTP

8. NET::SMTP email not sent -Queued mail for delivery

9. send e-mail attachment by Net::SMTP

10. Sending formatted mail with NET:SMTP ?????

11. Sending formatted mail with NET::SMTP ????

12. sending email (Net::SMTP).. problem