using network drives-newbee question
Author Message
 using network drives-newbee question

I connect to a NT network drive wusin the following script:

Connect_MD001();

sub Connect_MD001
{

  use Win32::NetResource;
  $server = "xxx1";
  $adminshare = "D";
  %NetResource = (LocalName => 'T:',
                  RemoteName => "\\\\$server\\$adminshare\$", );

Quote:
} #end sub MD001

This works fine, I can do a net use and the T: drive is mapped.  The
problem I'm having is getting the script to change to that that drive.
I've used the system command chdir even chroot and if I list the
directory it displays the directory which perl is running in.  What am
I missing.  Also I found that the above script will only allow 1 drive
being mapped.  If I run:

  $server = "xxx2";
  $adminshare = "D";
  %NetResource = (LocalName => 'S:',
                  RemoteName => "\\\\$server\\$adminshare\$", );
right after it T: is no longer there and S: is.

Is there a better way to connect to NT devices than using
Win32::NetResource

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. NT drive mappings-newbee question

2. Reading a networked drive

3. NT Script, Accessing network drives under scheduler

4. Perl, IIS, writing to network drives

5. perl, NT, IIS, can't get script to use network drive

6. Opening a network connected drive from dos w/ perl

7. open error on network drives

8. rename () makes files disappear on Win32 network drive?

9. PerlIS problem reading network drive

10. system() call won't work from network drive

11. NT and network drives

12. ActivePerl from a network drive?