Mail::Send module and Reply-To header
Author Message
 Mail::Send module and Reply-To header

Hello,

I am using Mail::Send module but I have not been able to figure out how to
set the Reply-To header, and actually it seems to me it is impossible to
do so using Mail::Send.
I looked at Mail::Internet, and that module seems to allow Reply-To
header, but then the .pm file doesn't have the usage example like Send.pm
module has and I don't know how to use it :(

Could somebody please help me out ?

Thanks

Otis

--

Information Technology Services
Middlebury College

Fri, 30 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Mail::Send module and Reply-To header

Quote:

>Hello,

>I am using Mail::Send module but I have not been able to figure out how to
>set the Reply-To header, and actually it seems to me it is impossible to
>do so using Mail::Send.
>I looked at Mail::Internet, and that module seems to allow Reply-To
>header, but then the .pm file doesn't have the usage example like Send.pm
>module has and I don't know how to use it :(

>Could somebody please help me out ?

Whether you can add the Reply-To header using Mail::Send really depends on
the executable you are invoking, as some programs do not allow you to.

Mail::Internet is seriously lacking in documentation, the best so far is
an article in the first issue of 'The Perl Journal'
http://work.media.mit.edu/the_perl_journal

Mail::Internet is for reading/writing and manipulating messages although
if you have Net::SMTP installed it can be used to send mail too.

Graham.
--

Texas Instruments Ltd.

Sun, 08 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mail::Send module and Reply-To header

2. Setting the From or Reply when sending mail with Mailtools module

3. Sending mail under Cygwin using Mail::Send perl module

4. subject header problem when sending mail (Net:smtp and sendmail)

5. Mail::Send header tags?

6. Mail::Send not setting From header

7. Mail::Send and the from header

8. Mail::Send not setting From header