Offline Mode CTRL-D Problem
Author Message
 Offline Mode CTRL-D Problem

I'm using perl 5.00402 on a windows '98 OS.  The
problem is when I go into offline mode to try to
test my perl scripts, CTRL-D does not work to get
out of the entering of the name-value pairs.  Does
anyone know what the key mapping is supposed to
be, or is there a known problem with this?

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Offline Mode CTRL-D Problem

Quote:
> I'm using perl 5.00402 on a windows '98 OS.  The
> problem is when I go into offline mode to try to
> test my perl scripts, CTRL-D does not work to get
> out of the entering of the name-value pairs.  Does
> anyone know what the key mapping is supposed to
> be, or is there a known problem with this?

does control-Z work for you?  i think that's how that platform
does it...

--
brian d foy
CGI Meta FAQ <URL:http://www.smithrenaud.com/public/CGI_MetaFAQ.html>

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Offline Mode CTRL-D Problem

Quote:

>I'm using perl 5.00402 on a windows '98 OS.  The
>problem is when I go into offline mode to try to
>test my perl scripts, CTRL-D does not work to get
>out of the entering of the name-value pairs.

Windoze uses CTRL-Z for end-of-file.  On some
versions of ActivePerl you have to hit Enter
after that, by the way.

HTH
--
Andrea Spinelli, Ismes SpA, Via Pastrengo 9, 24068 Seriate BG, Italy

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Offline Mode CTRL-D Problem
try CTRL-Z!
# schoen

Quote:

>I'm using perl 5.00402 on a windows '98 OS.  The
>problem is when I go into offline mode to try to
>test my perl scripts, CTRL-D does not work to get

[ rest of message deleted ]

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl problem :(Offline mode...

2. CGI.pm and (offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)

3. offline mode data entry?vvp

4. CGI.pm and (offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)

5. offline mode: Command to continue is???

6. CGI offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input

7. what is offline mode?

8. offline mode?

9. PERL Message 'offline mode:'

10. offline mode