How to Capitalize the first letter of a word an or whole word
Author Message
 How to Capitalize the first letter of a word an or whole word

thanks...
-Slim-

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to Capitalize the first letter of a word an or whole word

in <URL::">
&& thanks...

You are welcome.

Abigail
--
echo "==== ======= ==== ======"|perl -pes/=/J/|perl -pes/==/us/|perl -pes/=/t/\
 |perl -pes/=/A/|perl -pes/=/n/|perl -pes/=/o/|perl -pes/==/th/|perl -pes/=/e/\
 |perl -pes/=/r/|perl -pes/=/P/|perl -pes/=/e/|perl -pes/==/rl/|perl -pes/=/H/\
 |perl -pes/=/a/|perl -pes/=/c/|perl -pes/=/k/|perl -pes/==/er/|perl -pes/=/./;

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to Capitalize the first letter of a word an or whole word
[removed the pointless alt.comp.perlcgi.{*filter*} from groups ]

Subject: How to Capitalize the first letter of a word an or whole word

Quote:
> thanks...

It is customary to include a message as whilst your newsreader might
display the entire Subject line I wouldnt you are in a position to
know whether this is true of all newreaders.

read about uc() and ucfirst() in the perlfunc manpage.

/J\
--

< http://www.*-*-*.com/ >
Hastings: <URL: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to Capitalize the first letter of a word an or whole word
I finally figured out how to capitalize the whole word I used
$word = "myword";
$word =~ tr/[a-z]/[A-Z]/;
and got ...    MYWORD
now I need to learn how to change just the first letter to capital...

-Slim-

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to Capitalize the first letter of a word an or whole word

in <URL::">
<> I finally figured out how to capitalize the whole word I used
<> $word = "myword";
<> $word =~ tr/[a-z]/[A-Z]/;
<> and got ...    MYWORD

Yeah, sure. Whatever. Just keep refusing to read the manual.

<> now I need to learn how to change just the first letter to capital...

Don't bother reading the manual or the FAQ. That's for wussies.
Real (wo)men do it the hard way. Of course, they don't ask Usenet
for help either.

        s/just the first letter/capital/;

HTH. HAND.

Abigail

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to Capitalize the first letter of a word an or whole word

Quote:
> I finally figured out how to capitalize the whole word I used
> $word = "myword";
> $word =~ tr/[a-z]/[A-Z]/;
> and got ...    MYWORD

Do you think it was necessary to translate '[' to '[' and ']' to ']'?
:-)

The uc function does this translation in a locale-dependent way.

Quote:
> now I need to learn how to change just the first letter to capital...

perldoc -f ucfirst

--
(Just Another Larry) Rosler
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to Capitalize the first letter of a word an or whole word
Use ucfirst() to capitalize the first letter, or uc() for the whole
string.

Nandu

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Capitalising First Letters Of Words

2. How to I changs first letter of all words in caps and remaining in small

3. Someone asked how to capitalise first letter of each word

4. First letter for a word

5. words words words

6. Capitalizing the first letter via regex

7. Capitalize the first letter of a string?

8. How to capitalize first letter of a sentence?

9. Capitalizing First Letters of a String

10. Capitalizing first letters

11. quick regexp question: How to capitalize first letter?

12. Capitalize Words in a String