Perl & UUCP (address rewriting Q)
Author Message
 Perl & UUCP (address rewriting Q)

Hello!

Supposing I was given "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd" standard uucp bangpath,

expression? Is this possible?

--
With best regards,
Gregory Edigarov        System Administrator of IBM ES/9000

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl & UUCP (address rewriting Q)

Quote:
>Hello!

>Supposing I was given "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd" standard uucp bangpath,

>expression? Is this possible?

$_ = "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd";

print;

Cheers,
Bernard
--
perl -le '$#="Just Another Perl Hacker"; print \Bernard'

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl & UUCP (address rewriting Q)

Quote:

>>Hello!

>>Supposing I was given "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd" standard uucp bangpath,

>>expression? Is this possible?
> $_ = "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd";

> print;

Thank you. But what if I have more elements in my bangpath? Say five or six?
Is there a more universal solution? Again, only one regexp allowed.

--
With best regards,
Gregory Edigarov        System Administrator of IBM ES/9000
GE1403-RIPE             Kharkov State Politechnic University

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl & UUCP (address rewriting Q)
On 4 Oct 2000 10:40:06 GMT, Bernard El-Hagin

Quote:

>>Hello!

>>Supposing I was given "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd" standard uucp bangpath,

>>expression? Is this possible?

>$_ = "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd";

>print;

What a silly git I am:

Cheers,
Bernard
--
perl -le '$#="Just Another Perl Hacker"; print \Bernard'

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl & UUCP (address rewriting Q)

Quote:

>>>Hello!

>>>Supposing I was given "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd" standard uucp bangpath,

>>>expression? Is this possible?

>> $_ = "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd";

>> print;

>Thank you. But what if I have more elements in my bangpath? Say five or six?
>Is there a more universal solution? Again, only one regexp allowed.

The second solution I sent solves that problem.

Cheers,
Bernard
--
perl -le '$#="Just Another Perl Hacker"; print \Bernard'

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl & UUCP (address rewriting Q)

Quote:

> On 4 Oct 2000 10:40:06 GMT, Bernard El-Hagin

>>>Hello!

>>>Supposing I was given "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd" standard uucp bangpath,

>>>expression? Is this possible?

>>$_ = "aaa!bbb!ccc!ddd";

>>print;

All right, that works now!!!
Thank you.

--
With best regards,
Gregory Edigarov        System Administrator of IBM ES/9000
GE1403-RIPE             Kharkov State Politechnic University

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Perl module for uucp

2. ip address, windows 95 & perl

3. Perl 4a12e Solaris 2.3 build Qs

4. 2 Perl Style Qs

5. Qs on Perl memory usage on Linux and Win32 systems

6. Qs for professional Perl/CGI developers

7. Qs for professional Perl/CGI developers

8. Qs in Learning Perl

9. Qs: Perl vs. Lisp

10. uutraf + taylor uucp 1.04

11. Sanity-checking UUCP maps