302 Redirection on Web page that use Frame
Author Message
 302 Redirection on Web page that use Frame

Hi

I am having problems with the 302 redirection when I am working with frame.
I am using Perl 5 on  a Unix AIX.

Problems
-------------
User click on a submit button that POST a form to a CGI. The data are save
into database and user will be reditected using 302 redirection but the
problems arise because base on the input they either be directed out of the
frame or back to the start page (that is in the frame).

How do we do in the 302 redirecttion when there are frames ? I can get the
redirection to go back to the start page with frame but not out of the
frame (e.g to a pape that has not frame)

For hyperlinks I can specify TARGET=_parents or TARGET=_top but for CGI
redirection how do I do that.

E.g

print "Status: 302 ";
print "Location: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
print "Content-type: text/html"

Appreciate any help or advice on the above matter.

Thanks

Samsudin

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 302 Redirection on Web page that use Frame

Quote:

> I am having problems with the 302 redirection when I am working with frame.
> I am using Perl 5 on  a Unix AIX.

First off, this is very much not a perl question. Please find a CGI
group to ask questions like this in.

Quote:
> User click on a submit button that POST a form to a CGI. The data are save
> into database and user will be reditected using 302 redirection but the
> problems arise because base on the input they either be directed out of the
> frame or back to the start page (that is in the frame).

Technically what you want to do is not supposed to work. If you look
at the HTTP spec, you will find that a user agent is not required to
obey a redirect following a POST operation. If you are redirecting
someone off-site, you may want to provide a transition page from the
POST. If not, it's easy enough to present the target page
yourself....

As to frames.... Think about avoiding them, and I think your life will
get much simpler and work with more browsers.

                        -AJS

Sat, 15 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Frame web page with perl 5

2. How to get picture file in web which involve redirection using LWP

3. 302 Moved Message from Apache

4. 302 object has moved

5. LWP https 302 Moved Temporarily

6. Win32 Buile 302 problems

7. crypt() on Win32 perl build 302

8. Problem with libwww and HTTP 200, HTTP 302 response messages

9. Error 302

10. Different browser behavior on '302 Redirect'

11. about "redirection" question..-->Status: 302 Moved Location: http://www.fju.edu.tw

12. Using Perl to download web page?