Web Based Calendar/ Stuffed with emails?
Author Message
 Web Based Calendar/ Stuffed with emails?

Hello all,

Has anyone done this?  A Formatted email is sent to an alias,
a cronjob checks for incoming, perlizes it into html for
everyones pursal.

I have the first few steps noodled out but "how to display a
calendar from a web has me confused.'

thanks in advance.

--
----------------------
Dale Phillips

Mon, 10 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Web Based Calendar/ Stuffed with emails?

Quote:

> Hello all,

> Has anyone done this?  A Formatted email is sent to an alias,
> a cronjob checks for incoming, perlizes it into html for
> everyones pursal.

> I have the first few steps noodled out but "how to display a
> calendar from a web has me confused.'

I did a similar thing, just using a fill out form instead of email (I
will stick the email in when I get around to it.)

All you need to do is to sort your info (or references to it) into a
nice flat file database as it arrives, then just read through the
database and print it out in your predetermined format. I use a CGI
script to read the database, but it is just as easy to write the whole
thing out as static HTML to a file.

You could have a look at http://www.no.embnet.org/holmes/holmes.cgi to
see the CGI in action. Not too bad for the second perl script I wrote in
that it works and the output looks pretty.. I'd hate to be able to read
the mind of a perl purist looking at my code though..

You have to think carefully about what information you want to display
and set up the records accordingly.

..d
--
* David Martin - Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis research group  *

* Lab +47 22 95 84 54 Fax +47 22 69 41 30  GSM +47 90 74 27 65  *

Sun, 16 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Web based calendar

2. web based email

3. web based email (sorry, wrong address)

4. Web based email

5. Web based email

6. free web-based email program

7. Web Based Email Program

8. Need Perl Web-based email script

9. Web based email

10. Web Based Email Messenger 4 is Out!!!

11. web-based email scripts, help pelase

12. hotmail like scripts (web-based email)