FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in
Author Message
 FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc
intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to
common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt
from the documentation provided with every Standard Distribution of
Perl.

+
  I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in
my C program; what am I doing wrong?

    Download the ExtUtils::Embed kit from CPAN and run `make test'. If the
    tests pass, read the pods again and again and again. If they fail, see
    the perlbug manpage and send a bug report with the output of "make test
    TEST_VERBOSE=1" along with "perl -V".

-

Documents such as this have been called "Answers to Frequently
Asked Questions" or FAQ for short.  They represent an important
part of the Usenet tradition.  They serve to reduce the volume of
redundant traffic on a news group by providing quality answers to
questions that keep coming up.

If you are some how irritated by seeing these postings you are free
to ignore them or add the sender to your killfile.  If you find
errors or other problems with these postings please send corrections
or comments to the posting email address or to the maintainers as
directed in the perlfaq manual page.

Answers to questions about LOTS of stuff, mostly not related to
Perl, can be found by pointing your news client to

or to the many thousands of other useful Usenet news groups.

Note that the FAQ text posted by this server may have been modified
from that distributed in the stable Perl release.  It may have been
edited to reflect the additions, changes and corrections provided
by respondents, reviewers, and critics to previous postings of
these FAQ. Complete text of these FAQ are available on request.

The perlfaq manual page contains the following copyright notice.

  AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT

    Copyright (c) 1997-1999 Tom Christiansen and Nathan
    Torkington.  All rights reserved.

This posting is provided in the hope that it will be useful but
does not represent a commitment or contract of any kind on the part
of the contributers, authors or their agents.

                                                           03.30
--
    This space intentionally left blank

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:17:00 GMT

1. FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

2. FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

3. FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

4. FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

5. FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

6. FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

7. FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

8. FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

9. FAQ: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

10. FAQ 3.30: I've read perlembed, perlguts, etc., but I can't embed perl in

11. Cbreak-style input in Perl for DOS (yes, I've read the FAQ)

12. Well, that's the most obscure Perl bug I've ever seen