perl/sendmail: encoding special chars
Author Message
 perl/sendmail: encoding special chars

Hey everyone,

maybe you can help me out on this one.

When sending mail from a perl script (through sendmail), the special
characters are garbled. Can anyone direct me to a script that encodes
them appropriately?

Thanks,
nikkk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 perl/sendmail: encoding special chars

Quote:

>When sending mail from a perl script (through sendmail), the special
>characters are garbled. Can anyone direct me to a script that encodes
>them appropriately?

What are the "special characters"?  Please post (the relevant parts of)
your script.

Kragen
--

Thu Sep 09 1999
60 days until the Internet stock bubble bursts on Monday, 1999-11-08.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 perl/sendmail: encoding special chars

Quote:
> Hey everyone,

> maybe you can help me out on this one.

> When sending mail from a perl script (through sendmail), the special
> characters are garbled. Can anyone direct me to a script that encodes
> them appropriately?

You need to use the proper MIME encoding - there are modules on CPAN
that will help you with this.

/J\
--

Some of your questions answered:
<URL:http://www.btinternet.com/~gellyfish/resources/wwwfaq.htm>

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Replacing special chars with special chars

2. LWP and special character encoding

3. Shell special chars in file names?

4. pattern matching with special char

5. escape special chars before loading into MySQL

6. Special chars

7. special chars

8. about special chars when split()

9. Text::CSV with Special Chars?

10. is there a way to escape special chars

11. Newbie - Escaping special chars in forms

12. split on special chars (++)