Any good CGI script for searching files in personal web site ?
Author Message
 Any good CGI script for searching files in personal web site ?

Any good CGI script for searching files in personal web site ?

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good CGI script for searching files in personal web site ?

Quote:

> Any good CGI script for searching files in personal web site ?

I don't have it, but a easy and fast way you can do it could be calling
system commands. For example, in an unix system:
find /path -type f -name $arg_from_web -print ... Or what you want. Then
read the output of find and send it formatted.
Here I have the code of a function to get the parameters from the web
(it works with "POST" and "GET"):

    sub getData {

         if($ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} eq 'POST') {
          read(STDIN, $temp, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});
         } else {
          $temp=$ENV{'QUERY_STRING'};
         }

          ($key,$content)=split (/=/,$item,2);
          $content=~tr/+/ /;
          $content=~ s/%(..)/pack("c",hex($1))/ge;
          $fields{$key}=$content;
         }
         return \%fields;
    }

Fede

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good CGI script for searching files in personal web site ?

Quote:

> Any good CGI script for searching files in personal web site ?

Probably. But what has that got to with Perl ?

/J\
--

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Any good CGI script for searching files in personal web site ?

2. CGI Script that searches a web sites

3. Looking for a web site with good script examples

4. Q: Script for searching a web site

5. Searching for file types on a web site

6. This perl/cgi script on my web site...

7. ISO: BBS CGI script for web site

8. Perl CGI Script to generate web site statistics

9. Site map for web site - Perl scripts - help please

10. Good Perl Web reference sites

11. best web sites for beginning perl programmers?

12. CGI nd Personal web sever problem